Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 12:26 pm

I'm one of the very few people to not burp. I may only burp about twice a year if that, or I could even go a year or two without burping. And when I do burp it's like a gulping sort of sound, but leaving a yukky taste in my mouth.

I'm glad I don't burp because I don't like it. I don't know how other people can just burp several times a day and not be grossed out by the aftertaste.

Are all burps naturally quiet, like do people just amplify their burps? Or can burps just come out naturally noisily?

I ask because I don't know (I don't like to ask people as it's probably a stupid topic but it's better asking here where I'm anonymous).

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 12:35 pm

It feels relieving after a meal
when i finish a meal i can feel a burp in my stomach and then it comes up when its ready
i cant control how loud it comes out so i put my hand over my mouth when i feel one coming if im in company and then i say pardon

I dont drink carbonated drinks cos it makes me burp too much i remember once i drank alot of carbonated and i felt really sick i thought i was going to be sick but instead i just threw out this huge burp that shocked everyone including myself

burps can be a nuisance when your polite like me but they are relieving as well

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 12:36 pm

I only get a bad taste in my mouth if my stomach is upset when I burp.

If air bubble leaves my stomach I can muffle the burp or allow it to be louder. If I have to force an air bubble out because it's sitting on the verge but won't go on it's own (in which case it's uncomfortable and needs to be forced out) it will usually come out louder because I can't switch to muffling before it's made noise.

I don't think the volume is something people have complete control over (just partial) even if they can influence if it's likely to be loud or quiet.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 12:42 pm

I don't really notice any type of aftertaste after I burp. I also have a lot of really tiny, very quiet burps throughout the day.

I do have some slight issues swallowing food/liquids, so I probably just intake small amounts of air when I swallow things. That might be why I don't notice a taste and why I burp so often, since it's just regular air.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 12:56 pm

I taste something after i burp but not badly just usually a mild taste of whatever ive just eaten.
I dont really burp unless ive eaten or drank so the wind has to come up from a stomach full of food or drink
sometimes a burp doesnt always come like it gets stuck in my chest and i have to sit up straight and rub my upper stomach for a while until the wind finally comes up

the only time i didnt have any taste after burping was when after i had a endoscopy when i got home i kept burping but it wasnt as gross but they were loud i couldnt help it so glad i was at home

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 1:08 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I don't really notice any type of aftertaste after I burp. I also have a lot of really tiny, very quiet burps throughout the day.

I do have some slight issues swallowing food/liquids, so I probably just intake small amounts of air when I swallow things. That might be why I don't notice a taste and why I burp so often, since it's just regular air.

Maybe this is what I do (except I don't have issues swallowing food/liquids). I often feel a soundless and tasteless sensation in the back of my throat like it's air but I can't be sure, even after I drink carbonated drinks (which I do every day). Even so I don't really count them as burps. I don't burp like other people do.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 1:42 pm

Nothing wrong with burping. Just say "excuse me" afterwards...

Burping is a relief to me. It helps me get rid of "gas."