Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 3:10 pm

I found a Zoom meeting for local adults with Autism... They wierded me out how similar they were to me, lol! But I felt like I'm even more severe, cause at least they weren't talking about their special interests much... While I was interrupting serious convos with barely related things about mine... Oops, it wasn't a good idea to bring up funny Pokemon names in chat when others were being serious!! !

I mean seriously I have major issues...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 5:13 pm

Your issues would be really major if you didn’t have insight into your issues.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 5:36 pm

My experiences of other people with ASD is fairly varied

Not everyone has a special interest, and not everyone has the same level of intensity.
I am a "very intense" type of ASD. Not manic, as i don't go up and down. I am just on or off.

I am really into my special interests, which i live for literally and find more rewarding than my interactions with people generally. My present special interest is music, which is a fairly broad area.

At least music is a fairly accessible and common subject that I can communicate with most people with.
I would imagine that communicating on more unusual subjects may be a lot harder.

Although i imagine in the world of the internet there will be some places that you will find kinship among the other Pokemon enthusiasts.

I think that there are even a few Aspies on Wrong Planet who's special interest is also Pokemon.
So perhaps you could make friends with them.

I, myself, while aware of Pokemon, mostly from watching some of their cartoons, can't say that i am really into Pokemon. Nothing against them, just not my area of interest.

btw where i live there are quiet a few different species of birds. I walk on the beach most days, and walk past
quiet a few different species. Only really becoming aware of the different ones due to doing daily calming walks on the beach.

The island of Jersey also has a really good conservationist zoo, which i live around the corner from.
Really excellent Zoo, that has a lot of different species of animals and birds in, housing them in an environment that is as close to their natural habitat.

Jersey Zoo

Jersey Bird Guide

Some days i take photos of some of the birds.
In Feb, i took a couple of short movie clips on my phone of these funny little sandpiper birds
that are tiny, and which run along the beach and in the shallow part of the sea, running up to the waves and then back out again. in groups of like 20 or so.. I found them very funny.... like small children do when they first get into the sea.