Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

barber
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 8:39 pm

hey I'm playing though dark souls remastered on ps4 and was wondering if any one else is playing thought it right now of if what if any experiences everyone hay had whit the game.
(or the other souls/ blood Bourne)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 1:08 am

I have played it, and most of the Soulsborne games, with the exception of Demon Souls. I was just recently playing Bloodborne, having worked on a Bloodtinge character up to the DLC.

The latest time I was playing the original Dark Souls, as in the Remastered, I was trying to go through with a super heavy strength build, and was just hitting a bit of a wall with the Ornstein and Smough, since some manoeuvrability is preferred in that fight. Usually I go with a more dex build, with a touch of faith to get more healing.

barber
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 7:34 pm

ah blood borne fun game not much left to do in that game or dark souls 3 (platinimed both games) I'm thinking about going to jump back into blood borne again in a bit to help a friend out with the dlc. if you need help on dark souls send a pm on here so I can add you and help.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 1:48 pm

Never played (my eyesight would make it hard) but I am a big fan.

barber
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 8:01 am

ah have you looked in to the lore there are some very interesting theories about the games and the world you could listen to on youtube. if your interested that is.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 3:28 pm

The lore is amazing, and I've watched a LOT of VaatiVidya videos. It's such a cool series!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 10:31 pm

Nope, I only have the first Playstation, none of the sequels ;)

I tried playing the original game on the 360, but that version doesn't let you change any of the buttons, and it kept getting me killed. One of these days I'll give the PC port a shot.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 12:35 am

I had most recently been watching a video series by Outside Xtra going by Ellen's Souls Academy, which is following someone without much experience of Souls games as she plays Dark Souls for the first time with some minimal help from someone with more knowledge. There is something you get out of seeing someone as they figure out how to play these sort of games where they might of thought of them as tortious hard and see what the appeal is.

I remember starting with Dark Souls 2, and not really getting it as I went through a magic build, and stopped. But some time after also downloading the game as something free, I saw another video series of someone explaining how you are meant to play, and then a lot of it clicked for me, especially when I got the scythe, I do have a preference for the weapons like that and long spears.

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2021, 4:47 pm

Ellen's Souls Academy is great - but she's got really good now so the student has become the master.

I played through the first game on Xbox 360 several years ago and it took me about 90 hours, and played the PC version recently in the last couple of months and completed it in 60 so I'm getting better.

Good game.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 2:07 am

caffeinekid wrote:
Ellen's Souls Academy is great - but she's got really good now so the student has become the master.

Yeah, she recently started the DLC, was struggling a bit with the first boss as is normal for the first time, then kindled the bonfire to get a bunch of extra flasks, but then beat it the second time without taking any damage at all.