Caitlyn Jenner considering run for California governor

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 10:40 pm

Caitlyn Jenner is reportedly considering running for governor of California

Quote:
Almost three months after former President Donald Trump left the White House, another Republican reality TV star may be eying a political campaign of their own.

Caitlyn Jenner has been "actively" exploring running for governor of California and has been talking with political consultants about potentially doing so, Axios reported on Tuesday, citing three sources.

Jenner, the former athlete and Keeping Up with the Kardashians star, is reportedly being assisted by longtime Republican fundraiser Caroline Wren, who helped organize the Jan. 6 rally Trump spoke at before the Capitol riot. Jenner is a Republican who voted for Trump in 2016, although in a 2018, she criticized him and said she was wrong to think he would help transgender people as president.

"The reality is that the trans community is being relentlessly attacked by this president," Jenner wrote at the time. "The leader of our nation has shown no regard for an already marginalized and struggling community. He has ignored our humanity. He has insulted our dignity."

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) is set to face a recall election, and several Republicans have already announced plans to challenge him.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 4:54 am

And...she will run for POTUS in 2024.

And she will run against Donald Trump, who, by that time, will have undergone both sex-change, AND, race-change operations.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 6:23 am

And to think that this woman won the 1976 men’s Decathlon in the Olympics.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 8:23 am

I wish her the best of luck.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 8:25 am

If this Jenner person is the best the GOP can do, then the future looks bleak for the GOP.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 8:32 am

Heh... running.... maybe Usain Bolt should throw his hat in.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 8:34 am

Buckle up, Buckaroos!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 8:36 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Heh... running.... maybe Usain Bolt should throw his hat in.
Larry Flint would have had a better chance of winning this race.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 9:20 am

Fnord wrote:

You might have missed the joke.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 9:33 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Fnord wrote:
You might have missed the joke.
No, I get the pun -- Usain Bolt is a long-distance runner.

Did you get the irony of my joke?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 9:41 am

Fnord wrote:

Larry Flint was never an Olympic runner, both Usain Bolt and (then) Bruce Jenner were/are.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 9:43 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Larry Flint was never an Olympic runner, both Usain Bolt and (then) Bruce Jenner were/are.

Larry Flint was in a wheelchair because a right-wing terrorist shot him.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 9:50 am

funeralxempire wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Fnord wrote:
No, I get the pun -- Usain Bolt is a long-distance runner.  Did you get the irony of my joke?
Larry Flint was in a wheelchair because a right-wing terrorist[/url] shot him.
Therefore, he could not "run" in any race, implying that Bolt and Jenner have even lesser chances of winning the "race" for California's office of governor.

Last edited by Fnord on 07 Apr 2021, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 9:50 am

funeralxempire wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Larry Flint was in a wheelchair because a right-wing terrorist shot him.

TY. Orthogonal but fair.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:23 am

Newsweek: Caitlyn Jenner for California Governor?  Bookmakers Aren't Convinced

Bookmakers currently have Jenner to win a California governor election at odds of 100 to 1 against -- meaning prospects are not looking good.  The odds suggest Jenner has little to no chance of being successful.

It seems to me that Jenner is just looking for a publicity boost, or maybe just a little more attention.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:44 am

A new face for the Republican party.

Be the hero of your life.