Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 9:53 am

I remember at school during my exams I had a friend on the autistic spectrum had several bad epileptic fits where an ambulance had to called and seeing that happening to him just freaked me out and I used to be told that fits were caused by anxiety and so when I had several panic attacks a few years later, I was afraid of passing out or having a fit like my friend did. I've never had seizures or no one in my family has had them but they do appear distressing when someone has them. Also during this pandemic, I've always worried about being in the minority of people getting very ill with virus, going to hospital and that if it gets worse, they may have to put you in a coma, that is just scary because of the risk of brain damage and never being able to wake up, I remember a 39 year old healthy woman last year had it, was in hospital very ill and was told she may have to be put to sleep but she didn't and survived. I always dreaded any viruses or diseases with symptoms involving seizures or brain damage and that even though the symptoms are usually fevers, coughs, shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell and even in serious illness you didn't get seizures or brain damage but I seem to think now there is some evidence that it does and that is worrying.