ID's are racist except when buying a gun, driving...

Page 3 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 10:21 pm

Are our citizens national assets regardless of their skin color or gender or religious beliefs or their sexual orientation?

Or are certain groups liabilities and victims needing handouts and handholding? Are there certain groups that we need to make excuses for? Can they not take personal responsibility and do things like get welfare benefits? Have a job? Rent a home? Buy medicine? Get a phone?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 10:24 pm

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 10:59 pm

Brictoria wrote:

LMAO. I'd be offended too if some "woke" White idiot thought I didn't have or couldn't get an ID because of my skin color. That's racism at its finest.

Most Americans including minorities want voter ID requirements and want expanded early voting access just like what was done in Georgia.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/194741/fou ... oting.aspx

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... t-voter-id

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:14 pm

the game was given away when they said you couldn't give food and drink to the pofolk forced to wait in lines all day and night to exercise their constitutionally given franchise. the state and federal GOP can't bring itself to come clean. it is my belief that these are test cases to try to overturn the voting rights act root and branch. then it will be back to the days of poll taxes and "boy, how many bubbles in this here bar o'soap? hehe"

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the game was given away when they said you couldn't give food and drink to the pofolk forced to wait in lines all day and night to exercise their constitutionally given franchise. the state and federal GOP can't bring itself to come clean. it is my belief that these are test cases to try to overturn the voting rights act root and branch. then it will be back to the days of poll taxes and "boy, how many bubbles in this here bar o'soap? hehe"

Except the law doesn't say that. Under the new law official poll workers and polling locations will have water available for voters like they always do. Water can also be provided by outside political groups but it must be 25 feet away from the line to prevent political interference and influencing from these outside groups in the voting process. Voters can simply walk over and grab a bottle of their water and get back in line.

Anyone who thinks that is Jim Crow stuff needs to go back and retake high school history.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:

So you're saying that "pofolk" lack the ability to take a drink bottle\snacks with them, in the knowledge that the lines could\would be long? Or that they lack the capacity to see the length of the line on arrival and so make arrangements to acquire food\drink themselves before joining it? soft bigotry of low expectations comes to mind...

Over here we have similar restrictions, but the way around it, used by community groups\charities is to sell drinks\sausages in bread at a stand set up beside the line of people waiting to vote... The issue with "giving" rather than "selling" is that there is the possibility of the recipient of the gift feeling a need to "repay" the gifter, potentially influencing their vote, whereas a straight purchase leaves no potential feeling of "indebtedness" on the purchaser to those they purchased from.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:57 pm

Brictoria wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

So you're saying that "pofolk" lack the ability to take a drink bottle\snacks with them, in the knowledge that the lines could\would be long? Or that they lack the capacity to see the length of the line on arrival and so make arrangements to acquire food\drink themselves before joining it? soft bigotry of low expectations comes to mind...

Over here we have similar restrictions, but the way around it, used by community groups\charities is to sell drinks\sausages in bread at a stand set up beside the line of people waiting to vote... The issue with "giving" rather than "selling" is that there is the possibility of the recipient of the gift feeling a need to "repay" the gifter, potentially influencing their vote, whereas a straight purchase leaves no potential feeling of "indebtedness" on the purchaser to those they purchased from.

If someone is living paycheck to paycheck how much do they have to set aside to prepare to wait all day in line?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 12:09 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

If someone is living paycheck to paycheck how much do they have to set aside to prepare to wait all day in line?

I don't imagine filling an empty bottle with tap water to drink, and taking whatever they would normally have taken to work with them to eat (a sandwich, perhaps) would cost overly much...They would be eating\drinking as much as they would be doing were they elsewhere, so there wouldn't be a likely increase in the cost, just a change in location where the consumption of these items occurred.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 12:18 am

Brictoria wrote:
I don't imagine filling an empty bottle with tap water to drink, and taking whatever they would normally have taken to work with them to eat (a sandwich, perhaps) would cost overly much...They would be eating\drinking as much as they would be doing were they elsewhere, so there wouldn't be a likely increase in the cost, just a change in location where the consumption of these items occurred.

Not if the place they'd otherwise be is work, because even if they don't spend more than usual they're still in the red even.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 12:24 am

people ignore the fact that pofolk have to actually work for a living and can't just take a day off to vote without financial penalty. middle-class privileged conceit irks me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 12:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
people ignore the fact that pofolk have to actually work for a living and can't just take a day off to vote without financial penalty. middle-class privileged conceit irks me.

Well, some po'folk get stereotyped as all on welfare which means them taking a day off work can't be possible in the minds of those who don't give a s**t.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 12:33 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

Not if the place they'd otherwise be is work, because even if they don't spend more than usual they're still in the red even.

Interesting movement of the goalposts from the discussion on not providing food\drink...

But, to address this: Isn't that what absentee voting covers (at least in certain states)? Similarly, the polls close after working hours, with those who were in line at that time still being allowed to proceed to the venue to vote, so there is minimal impact on their ability to go to work and then line up to vote (or, they could turn up prior to polls opening, so they can vote before going to work, where there is a much lower possibility of a long line)...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 3:43 am

To get voter parity in GA, Kemp would have to be overthrown in a coup, not merely voted out.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 3:53 am

It's amazing how many people live in magical candyland narnia fairytopia where everything is fair and balanced and equal, and hard work is always fairly rewarded, and bad things only happen to people who deserve it :roll:

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 6:46 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
It's amazing how many people live in magical candyland narnia fairytopia where everything is fair and balanced and equal, and hard work is always fairly rewarded, and bad things only happen to people who deserve it :roll:

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

No 2 human beings are equal. Every human being is born different except in the case of identical siblings. Every living thing on the planet is subjected to what Darwin called the "survival of the fittest." It's basic science.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 7:46 am

Sure there are some inconvienences involved in getting an ID but its not impossible. I got an ID when I was 16 and registered to vote (on my own) at 18. I had to plan and make arrangements to do so. Its not rocket science.
I'm starting to think that if getting an ID is too overwhelming of a responsibility for someone, do I really want that person to be voting?