ID's are racist except when buying a gun, driving...

Page 4 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 8:07 am

We all know that the entire argument against voter ID is a pretense. The Left wants there to be no barriers to voter fraud therefore they must continually fight to ensure that voter fraud is doable and has plausible deniability. Arguing that you own constituency is too infantile to obtain an ID tells me how much contempt the Left has for their own.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 2:31 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Sure there are some inconvienences involved in getting an ID but its not impossible. I got an ID when I was 16 and registered to vote (on my own) at 18. I had to plan and make arrangements to do so. Its not rocket science.
I'm starting to think that if getting an ID is too overwhelming of a responsibility for someone, do I really want that person to be voting?

that is not YOUR decision to make. you are NOT the constitution.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 2:32 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
Are our citizens national assets regardless of their skin color or gender or religious beliefs or their sexual orientation?

Or are certain groups liabilities and victims needing handouts and handholding? Are there certain groups that we need to make excuses for? Can they not take personal responsibility and do things like get welfare benefits? Have a job? Rent a home? Buy medicine? Get a phone?

how ableist of you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 2:33 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
It's amazing how many people live in magical candyland narnia fairytopia where everything is fair and balanced and equal, and hard work is always fairly rewarded, and bad things only happen to people who deserve it :roll:

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

No 2 human beings are equal. Every human being is born different except in the case of identical siblings. Every living thing on the planet is subjected to what Darwin called the "survival of the fittest." It's basic science.

it is also primitive in a way not befitting evolved people. we're supposed to be better than that, by now, at long last.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 3:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Sure there are some inconvienences involved in getting an ID but its not impossible. I got an ID when I was 16 and registered to vote (on my own) at 18. I had to plan and make arrangements to do so. Its not rocket science.
I'm starting to think that if getting an ID is too overwhelming of a responsibility for someone, do I really want that person to be voting?

that is not YOUR decision to make. you are NOT the constitution.

Its a fake argument. This is all about enabling voter fraud. The DNC is the ultimate Abelist.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 4:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
It's amazing how many people live in magical candyland narnia fairytopia where everything is fair and balanced and equal, and hard work is always fairly rewarded, and bad things only happen to people who deserve it :roll:

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

No 2 human beings are equal. Every human being is born different except in the case of identical siblings. Every living thing on the planet is subjected to what Darwin called the "survival of the fittest." It's basic science.

it is also primitive in a way not befitting evolved people. we're supposed to be better than that, by now, at long last.

So people have evolved beyond science?

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 4:44 pm

The ID's that are accepted under the new voting laws are always specifically targeted to benefit republican voters and harm democrat voters. This is why in Texas for example, an open-carry ID is acceptable but a student ID or public employee ID is not accepted. Ownership of these ID's is lower among communities of color for many reasons and the GOP know this.

Their case that these laws aren't racist is not helped by the fact that their rhetoric is identical to Jim Crow era conservative rhetoric:
"Literacy tests and poll taxes have nothing to do with race."
"So you're saying literacy tests are anti-black? Sounds like you're the racist for thinking blacks are all illiterate!"
"This isn't about suppressing votes. It's about making sure voters are informed and prepared."
"Do we really want illiterate people voting? They can't be well-informed!"
"We're focusing on maximizing the quality of votes, not quantity"

Hence why black voters do not buy their arguments for a second. They've come to expect it from the party that has spent the last 60 years tongue-kissing the segregationists and confederate apologists.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 5:23 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
The ID's that are accepted under the new voting laws are always specifically targeted to benefit republican voters and harm democrat voters. This is why in Texas for example, an open-carry ID is acceptable but a student ID or public employee ID is not accepted. Ownership of these ID's is lower among communities of color for many reasons and the GOP know this.

Their case that these laws aren't racist is not helped by the fact that their rhetoric is identical to Jim Crow era conservative rhetoric:
"So you're saying literacy tests are anti-black? Sounds like you're the racist for thinking blacks are all illiterate!"
"This isn't about suppressing votes. It's about making sure voters are informed and prepared."

Hence why black voters do not buy their arguments for a second. They've come to expect it from the party that has spent the last 60 years tongue-kissing the segregationists and confederate apologists.

If all that is true, how did the Democrats end up electing a segregationist and confederate apologist last year?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 2:07 am

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 2:21 am

it is futile to expect dialogue here.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 4:02 am

auntblabby wrote:

Probably true, but it's still worth trying to demonstrate to those who assume people of specific race(s) lack the intelligence or ability to acquire ID's, while those of all other races don't, how racist their beliefs are.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 4:15 am

Brictoria wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Probably true, but it's still worth trying to demonstrate to those who assume people of specific race(s) lack the intelligence or ability to acquire ID's, while those of all other races don't, how racist their beliefs are.

go ahead and keep twisting the truth about our country of which you know NOTHING. OUTSIDER.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 6:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

go ahead and keep twisting the truth about our country of which you know NOTHING. OUTSIDER.

Strange, I don't recall seeing any claims made about a country...

I do recall seeing claims made that indicate a belief that people of certain race(s) lack the same intelligence and capabilities as those of all other races, which both demeans all those of the selected race(s) as well as shows the person(s)\group(s) making the claims consider that those of the selected race(s) are somehow "lesser" than other people - Views which most people would consider to be highly racist.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 8:13 am

roronoa79 wrote:

Texas voter ID can be a driver license, Texas voter ID certificate, Texas personal ID card (issued by DPS), Military ID, Handgun license, US citizenship certificate, US passport. So minorities are unable to get any of these?
BTW the Jim Crow laws were put into effect by the DNC.

Last edited by Cornflake on 09 Apr 2021, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.: Fixed broken quoting (kof preview kof)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 1:48 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Texas voter ID can be a driver license, Texas voter ID certificate, Texas personal ID card (issued by DPS), Military ID, Handgun license, US citizenship certificate, US passport. So minorities are unable to get any of these? BTW the Jim Crow laws were put into effect by the DNC.

not if you [like me] live out in the sticks where there are not those things, not public transit, and many pofolk don't own cars or have licenses even. one has to live within reasonable distance of a major city to get those things. and saying the DNC started jim crow is a giant red herring, you didn't get the memo that the parties basically traded places after LBJ passed the civil rights laws, saying "we've lost the south." it is the GOP now which is like the OLD DNC, in terms of its enthusiasm for reviving jim crow. there is much about life that smug middle-class types just don't comprehend, and likely never will until and unless they are brought down to pofolk level by some misfortune. even then a lot of 'em don't get it, they still stubbornly see themselves [as steinbeck tartly put it] as "temporarily embarrassed millionaires."

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 2:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Texas voter ID can be a driver license, Texas voter ID certificate, Texas personal ID card (issued by DPS), Military ID, Handgun license, US citizenship certificate, US passport. So minorities are unable to get any of these? BTW the Jim Crow laws were put into effect by the DNC.

not if you [like me] live out in the sticks where there are not those things, not public transit, and many pofolk don't own cars or have licenses even. one has to live within reasonable distance of a major city to get those things. and saying the DNC started jim crow is a giant red herring, you didn't get the memo that the parties basically traded places after LBJ passed the civil rights laws, saying "we've lost the south." it is the GOP now which is like the OLD DNC, in terms of its enthusiasm for reviving jim crow. there is much about life that smug middle-class types just don't comprehend, and likely never will until and unless they are brought down to pofolk level by some misfortune. even then a lot of 'em don't get it, they still stubbornly see themselves [as steinbeck tartly put it] as "temporarily embarrassed millionaires."

The old "Racists Switched Parties" myth has been debunked repeatedly. Even if one does live remotely, this is not indicative of everyone the DNC says is disenfranchised by these laws. That is why we have absentee voting. I had to vote absentee in the 90's while out of the USA. All it takes is contacting the Election board. The point is that the problem the left have with these laws is that they want voter fraud to continue unabated.