ID's are racist except when buying a gun, driving...

Page 9 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 10:14 pm

I'm sure Enrique Tarrio uses similar logic to convince himself he's not part of a white nationalist group.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 10:22 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I'm sure Enrique Tarrio uses similar logic to convince himself he's not part of a white nationalist group.

Thanks for making my point about your antiracism nonsense. For progressive racists Enrique Tarrio "ain't black" no more anyways. I'm sure they think antiracism isn't racism. It doesn't matter what race. We've already been through that with President Biden.

Oh the mental gymnastics people go through to justify hate.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 10:29 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Thanks for making my point about your antiracism nonsense. For progressive racists Enrique Tarrio "ain't black" no more anyways. I'm sure they think antiracism isn't racism. It doesn't matter what race. We've already been through that with President Biden.

He's welcome to call himself whatever he likes, I'm in no position to condemn the labels he identifies with.

That said, he's personally been involved in vandalizing black churches and leads a terrorist organization that's open about their white nationalist ideology. It's a shame that you're too blind to see reality.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 10:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

He's welcome to call himself whatever he likes, I'm in no position to condemn the labels he identifies with.

That said, he's personally been involved in vandalizing black churches and leads a terrorist organization that's open about their white nationalist ideology. It's a shame that you're too blind to see reality.

Now you're making up stuff again. This time to smear a black man as a white supremacist. But antiracism isn't racism because it's justified and you're right. LMAO. As I just said, oh the mental gymnastics.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 10:56 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Now you're making up stuff again. This time to smear a black man as a white supremacist. But antiracism isn't racism because it's justified and you're right. LMAO. As I just said, oh the mental gymnastics.

So, the claim was that he was personally involved in vandalizing black churches...

Quote:
Hours after being sued by an historic Black church accusing his group of “terror” and “vandalism,” Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio was arrested on Monday for the destruction of a Black Lives Matter sign hanging from another one.

https://lawandcrime.com/civil-rights/hi ... ngton-d-c/

Someone's engaged in mental gymnastics but it ain't me.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 11:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

So, the claim was that he was personally involved in vandalizing black churches...

Quote:
Hours after being sued by an historic Black church accusing his group of “terror” and “vandalism,” Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio was arrested on Monday for the destruction of a Black Lives Matter sign hanging from another one.

Thanks for the link. I don't know much about him or the Proud Boys for that matter. I have seen him speak and talk about the group being inclusive of men of all races. A correct criticism of the group is they are misogynists.

I'm not sure how a black man tearing down a sign in front of a church makes him a white supremacist. I read somewhere that real white supremacists within the group had attempted to take over and get rid of Tarrio to make it a white supremacist organization.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 11:20 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for the link. I don't know much about him or the Proud Boys for that matter. I have seen him speak and talk about the group being inclusive of men of all races. A correct criticism of the group is they are misogynists.

I'm not sure how a black man tearing down a sign in front of a church makes him a white supremacist. I read somewhere that real white supremacists within the group had attempted to take over and get rid of Tarrio to make it a white supremacist organization.

You probably shouldn't have defended him if you didn't know enough to make that defence. I'm usually pretty cautious when I argue so I didn't make that claim without knowing I could support it.

A man who's a member of a group that's split between western chauvinists and white supremacists vandalizes a black church for displaying a black civil rights slogan and you don't see why that's perceived as racist?

Not all white supremacists define who's white the same way. Western chauvinists aren't fixated on genetics or race but fixate on culture, as you move across that spectrum of beliefs you encounter people who believe that a white identity is part of an American nationalist identity but still can have some tolerance for some PoC who are ideologically aligned all the way over to increasingly strict definitions.

The hard-liners, as you reference tried to remove him. The people who are more concerned about public perception like having him as a face because it superficially deflects from criticisms of racism. The fact that the one wing exists doesn't mean the other doesn't also and doesn't mean the group he's the face of isn't a white supremacist group. It just means they're clever about using irony for PR.

Basically they'll let non-whites join so long as they don't ever complain about racism or white supremacy and let themselves be used to deflect from accusations of racism within the group. I've seen this s**t because white supremacists like me when they meet me because they see a skuzzy looking white guy with a Thor's hammer and assume I'm one of them until I mention being proud of being Abenaki and that I'm not hostile to respecting treaties. I'm aware of these people because they show up in a lot of the hobbies I like and I've worked alongside them. These movements are somewhat of a special interest of mine because I've always understood the potential threat they represent. Genocide was already attempted against Abenaki people in Vermont and that knowledge has always had me a little on edge about the possibility of it happening again.

Jeez, Dylann Roof in his manifesto insisted that he didn't have antipathy towards some peoples he didn't consider white, but we'd never use the fact that he 'was okay with Jews and Japanese people' as proof that he wasn't a white supremacist.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 11:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Quote:

You probably shouldn't have defended him if you didn't know enough to make that defence. I'm usually pretty cautious when I argue so I didn't make that claim without knowing I could support it.

A man who's a member of a group that's split between western chauvinists and white supremacists vandalizes a black church for displaying a black civil rights slogan and you don't see why that's perceived as racist?

Not all white supremacists define who's white the same way. Western chauvinists aren't fixated on genetics or race but fixate on culture, as you move across that spectrum of beliefs you encounter people who believe that a white identity is part of an American nationalist identity but still can have some tolerance for some PoC who are ideologically aligned all the way over to increasingly strict definitions.

The hard-liners, as you reference tried to remove him. The people who are more concerned about public perception like having him as a face because it superficially deflects from criticisms of racism. The fact that the one wing exists doesn't mean the other doesn't also and doesn't mean the group he's the face of isn't a white supremacist group. It just means they're clever about using irony for PR.

Basically they'll let non-whites join so long as they don't ever complain about racism or white supremacy and let themselves be used to deflect from accusations of racism within the group. I've seen this s**t because white supremacists like me when they meet me because they see a skuzzy looking white guy with a Thor's hammer and assume I'm one of them until I mention being proud of being Abenaki and that I'm not hostile to respecting treaties. I'm aware of these people because they show up in a lot of the hobbies I like and I've worked alongside them. These movements are somewhat of a special interest of mine because I've always understood the potential threat they represent. Genocide was already attempted against Abenaki people in Vermont and that knowledge has always had me a little on edge about the possibility of it happening again.

Jeez, Dylann Roof in his manifesto insisted that he didn't have antipathy towards some peoples he didn't consider white, but we'd never use the fact that he 'was okay with Jews and Japanese people' as proof that he wasn't a white supremacist.

You should really be careful about making stuff up in an attempt to make a point. I in no way ever tried to defend Tarrio. I simply pointed out the hate and hypocrisy and lunacy of calling a black man a white supremacist and justifying it as anti-racism.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 11:40 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
You should really be careful about making stuff up in an attempt to make a point. I in no way ever tried to defend Tarrio. I simply pointed out the hate and hypocrisy and lunacy of calling a black man a white supremacist and justifying it as anti-racism.

While generically it would be a stretch to suggest a black American is also a white supremacist, it's not completely far-fetched. For starters you need to think of differences in understandings of racial identities that exist between the Anglosphere and the Latin America. America has been much more defined by the one-drop rule, Latin America's racial and class terms are much more interwoven.

The fact that Tarrio who by most people's measures in America is black but sees it more beneficial to his personal interests to align himself with groups like the Proud Boys who have substantial numbers of white supremacists in their ranks shows just how artificial the construct of race is.

It doesn't mean Tarrio isn't the actual leader of a group of actual white supremacists though.

But it might suggest that we need to perform a welfare check on irony. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 11:47 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:

While generically it would be a stretch to suggest a black American is also a white supremacist, it's not completely far-fetched. For starters you need to think of differences in understandings of racial identities that exist between the Anglosphere and the Latin America. America has been much more defined by the one-drop rule, Latin America's racial and class terms are much more interwoven.

The fact that Tarrio who by most people's measures in America is black but sees it more beneficial to his personal interests to align himself with groups like the Proud Boys who have substantial numbers of white supremacists in their ranks shows just how artificial the construct of race is.

It doesn't mean Tarrio isn't the actual leader of a group of actual white supremacists though.

LMAO. We're back to extreme mental gymnastics.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 12:03 am

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:

Research them yourself. I'm not flexible enough for mental gymnastics, that's a pretty direct argument.

Their rhetoric is clear about where they stand and he's their leader. Call him Hank Ruckus.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 12:19 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:

Research them yourself. I'm not flexible enough for mental gymnastics, that's a pretty direct argument.

Their rhetoric is clear about where they stand and he's their leader. Call him Hank Ruckus.

It's pretty far-fetched. Tarrio was born in the US, not Latin America.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 11:49 am

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 1:11 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
It's pretty far-fetched. Tarrio was born in the US, not Latin America.

Denying reality won't change it. He's the leader of a large group of white supremacists.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 6:14 pm

You don't get ID every time you buy alcohol and M video games and when using a credit card. I often do not get carded and never had it happen often as an adult. But I guess it depends on the state law about purchasing alcohol and it depends on the person when they decide to card people. It may depend on the store policy too when they ID people when you use a credit card.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2021, 8:59 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
So an overt segregationist is acceptable because he is at least moving the country towards some neo-Marxist nirvana and away from Capitalism. Got it.

“neo-Marxist”. You are a joke. Completely brainwashed. I’d rather vote for an actual socialist since you cry that everyone left of Reagan is Marxist. FDRs departure from “true capialism” is the only reason the US has a middle class. If you want pure capitalism, go to some third world s**thole where the CIA enforces it.