Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 9:36 pm

I'm probably not physically ageing any faster than anyone else with my drinking habits.

Edit: I think I'm a problem drinker.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 10:27 pm

Danusaurus wrote:
I'm probably not physically ageing any faster than anyone else with my drinking habits.

Edit: I think I'm a problem drinker.

I think perhaps you could pursue that further, address it and age slower than others with your soon-to-be former drinking habits. (This is my form of encouragement. :heart: )

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 11:30 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
So far, observation tells me that...

Autistics in general;
Feel (emotionally) younger. Too innocent/clueless.
Feel (mentally) older. Too serious.
Feel (sensory) older. Too tired.
Feel (experience) younger. Too curious/naive.

More like at weird odds of being developmentally lagged or underequipped, while working in a life of high risk and low reward.

It does not speak of lifespans.
But more about the relative experience of one's life and living.

Nailed it!

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:58 am

I'm 48 and I look younger. I have no wrinkles. My face is soft and smooth. I do not use face creams or anything. No makeup, either. I think skincare is a bit overrated. Your skin is probably fine with just soap and water. My grandma is 102 and has never used any skincare or beauty products. She looks a lot nicer than people 20 years younger than her.

I do agree about sun protections. I hate cream, though so I usually wear large hats.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 6:15 am

No the opposite.

I look like a child because I had taste sensitivity as a child so I didn't eat enough food so I ended up under 5".

Yes I have Asian roots and short parents too but that is part of why I didn't grow.

And I don't drink or go to night clubs or smoke or sit out in the sun (light sensitivity). So my skin has no marks at all except the same marks a teenage would have (the occasional pimple and my freckles).

Mentally we age slower as well.

Intellectually a lot of us started out aging fast cos we were kids who read books for adults. But... sooner or later when you're an adult that becomes a sign of a reader rather than a sign of an older person.

PS I have a lot of self hatred for myself for looking like a teenager and being treated as one. I am going to ask my dr if I can see a counsellor as I'm not sure if this is dysphoria, dysmorphia or something else. I feel like my brain is that of a serious adult who wants respect and my body is that of a pretty young girl who gets hit on by perverts and teenagers and spoken down to by all other adults.