Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ronglxy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2021, 1:51 pm

I'm new to WP. I understand it is international.

For those not USA familiar the "Zero-th" is crafted as an item that could have stopped the Trumpists had it been in place. Its keys are "life, liberty and pursue." (Happiness is there, but it is not an intent, but only a side product of the major "pursue" theme.) Equally important are the later words "acts or omissions" and then "uniform and equitable" for tempering Trumpist thrusts.

Most of the Zero-th's wording is copied, not plagurized as it may seem. They were written in the US Declaration of Independence first by Thomas Jefferson to the British.

Later TJ formed a Democratic Republican party to pursue his several themes. A jaundiced view of the US two party system is that each took half of his party name and went its way to separate glory.

Other than the usual power, money and glory needs of politics there seems to be a psychic split struggle ongoing in the US electorate. It is over whether to admit or deny the hypocriticly democratic in its actions.

The Zero-th's key words are aimed at forcing a choice, with blatent use of Jeffersonian words, on the two choices. I hope for courage of convictions in the choice.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 2:23 pm

^^^hello Rong :flower: welcome to WP :alien: we can use all the help we can get in defending against the fascists making trouble in our nation now.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 7:38 pm

Welcome, Rongixy, I hope you enjoy WP; you’ll ‘meet’ some interesting and very, very nice people here!

ronglxy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Apr 2021, 10:21 am

I'm still a new green WP-er, also clumsy- spacey (off and on). It seems the words to this topic disappeared. They follow:

Life, liberty and pursuit of happiness being inalienable rights of the people, no acts or omissions shall limit them, and no burden for the operation and maintenance of government shall be other than uniform and equitable upon the people.

My statistics and peopling correography are poor to awful. I understand there's a surveying method in the WP world. I would appreciate a kind soul conducting what I functionally can't: a poll re the above in the context of a skyhook upon which to hang issues, concerns & maybe fixes to:

1) Bullying, abuse and non-use of WP-ers all!
2) Moral use paralleling the US Biden assertion that child care is infrastructure fundable.
3) Advisability of associating WP interests to such a statement or actual US Amendment.

Thanks for whatever happens. ronglxy