Is lidocaine effective for spinal/back pain?

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 11:49 pm

idntonkw wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I have a misaligned vertebrae in the middle of my spine (vertebrae T7, I think), which causes an aching and sometimes burning/stinging pain in my back. I think the burning pain is because it compresses a nerve.

I was wondering if the lidocaine cream we have would help for that type of pain? Tylenol already does help a bit, but it doesn't help with the burning sensation and I don't want to rely on it since it's not good for your liver to use it long term.

You need Physical Therapy (PT) to strengthen the muscles around the area where something is pinched by the misaligned vertebrae, in other words, weaknesses in surrounding muscles may be making things droop on that area and pinch it even more, so if you strengthen the surrounding muscles it can help unpinch that area.. https://physicaltherapyfirst.com/blog/2 ... exercises/ do these every other day for 30 minutes and eat some meat every day to build the muscles

Thank you for the advice and the link! I'll make sure to do those exercises and work on strengthening the muscles in my back.