Ex NFL Player kills 5 in mass shooting, then himself

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 5:21 pm

I believe the motive for the Atlanta shooting was not racism against Asians.

It was anger at the profession of "masseuse."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 12:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe the motive for the Atlanta shooting was not racism against Asians.

It was anger at the profession of "masseuse."

Its funny when I mention the same thing I got lambasted...

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 12:48 am

Sylkat wrote:
I cannot imagine what the Dr and wife’s children are going through; they will never stop regretting leaving the kids with their grandparents.
To lose your parents and your children is just incomprehensible to me.

Indeed.
I has got be a wound to the infinite depths of soul and psyche and heart and being.
Something which only a rare few people who might have been through similar can even begin to understand.
And I really, really, really, don't ever want to be able to relate from personal experience.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 11:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
So if the Atlanta shootings were racist by virtue that the shooter was white and the victims were Asian. Then is this shooting racist since the shooter is black and the victims white?

I don't think anyone's injected race into this.

People were sure injecting race into the Atlanta shootings before any facts/motives were known. On this very board in fact.
Consistency is lacking in the public discourse.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 4:53 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
So if the Atlanta shootings were racist by virtue that the shooter was white and the victims were Asian. Then is this shooting racist since the shooter is black and the victims white?

People were sure injecting race into the Atlanta shootings before any facts/motives were known. On this very board in fact.

Apparently "cancel culture" is invoked when the shooter is black and the victim is white.....but the silence from the right when its reversed is interesting and speaks volumes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 4:55 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

That was because the Atlanta shootings took place during the current rash of Anti-Asian violent hate crimes. We probably still don't know the full story behind the massage shop shootings.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 4:56 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
People were sure injecting race into the Atlanta shootings before any facts/motives were known. On this very board in fact. Consistency is lacking in the public discourse.
The injection of race into this issue occurred with your first post into this thread.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:00 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

People were I was sure injecting race into the Atlanta shootings before any facts/motives were known. On this very board in fact.

Corrected it for you :D

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

That was because the Atlanta shootings took place during the current rash of Anti-Asian violent hate crimes. We probably still don't know the full story behind the massage shop shootings.

Actually Reynholm has a point, that particular incident isn't so cut and dry but agreed, it does need further investigation, My guess it won't end up a hate crime.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 8:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Actually Reynholm has a point, that particular incident isn't so cut and dry but agreed, it does need further investigation, My guess it won't end up a hate crime.

I agree.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 7:48 am

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
People were sure injecting race into the Atlanta shootings before any facts/motives were known. On this very board in fact. Consistency is lacking in the public discourse.
The injection of race into this issue occurred with your first post into this thread.

You yourself said the Atlanta shootings were racist because the shooter was white and the victims asian. So Pot meet Kettle.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 7:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

People were I was sure injecting race into the Atlanta shootings before any facts/motives were known. On this very board in fact.

Cute reply but also dead wrong, No, I was not the one calling it a hate crime I was the one questioning the motive when everyone else on this site was screaming: "HATE CRIME".

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 7:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

It still does not address the motive of the killer.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 4:51 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

It still does not address the motive of the killer.

Perhaps. As I said, we still don't know the full story.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 4:52 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Cute reply but also dead wrong, No, I was not the one calling it a hate crime I was the one questioning the motive when everyone else on this site was screaming: "HATE CRIME".

Hey did you read my next post. I'm rooting for you on this one Reynholm....