Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, dead at 99

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 7:35 pm

I was sad to hear of Prince Philip's passing. I thought he was the most humorous Royal,
and although I personally do not believe in sovereign states or divinity of Monarch rule.

I am not someone who want innocent people to die.

If the democratic world were to come to the conclusion that they no longer felt monarchy was relevant.
I would not necessarily murder people unless they were guilty of horrific crimes.

Sad to hear of the prince passing. Hopefully he has done enough good in this life to have earn't a good place in the next life (if there is one)... Rest in Peace. Or may his next incarnation be favourable.

Just out of interest, and of course, people are free to disagree with me.
However, i did notice the numbers again... 99 years old, died on the 9th. 9th Day of the 4th month. combine 9+4=13.
I feel that this is part of the "greater scheme of things" or the ongoing underground movement of underground occultists. Perhaps it is coincidence, perhaps i am just mad. But these numbers (as mentioned before) keep on cropping up... If I am right about the secret code used by the underground occultists. Then next year is going to be an even more bad year. Being 2022 (2+0+2+2=6).

Imagine the 6th of June 2022 is going to be a bad day (if my numerology pattern analysis is correct, the date i speak of will be an instance that symbolises 666 to the ritual satanist underground). I hope i am wrong.

Still, no disrespect to the now late prince. RIP. I wish the Royal family well.
They are human beings regardless of their designation.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 8:35 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
I was sad to hear of Prince Philip's passing. I thought he was the most humorous Royal,
and although I personally do not believe in sovereign states or divinity of Monarch rule.

As somebody who isn't the biggest fan of the concept of royalty Phillip did at least serve his country in the British navy seeing active duty against the Nazis in the Balkans. He risked his life on numerous occasions and saw many of his comrades in arms die. He was cited for his actions by the British navy.

I think Andrew, Harry and William were wrapped in cotton wool and for Harry being posted to Afghanistan its highly doubtful he was ever put in a situation where he was at risk (and knew it) despite the media portraying them as "serving". All three lack any personality as they have led rather sheltered, privileged lives never experiencing hardship once. Charles is dreadfully out of touch with common people, despite being a "good actor". William is even worse. They are all coached in acting/etiquette school.

In this respect Phillip's sense of humour comes from a place of experiencing the horrors of war and having a sense of irony about the fragility of life. In this respect he has more of the "common" touch than other members of the royal family. He comes across as a genuine person and is probably the last of his "illk" in the Windsors. RIP.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 9:24 pm

Sad to hear about Prince Phillip.

I wonder if Sarah Ferguson will go, they didn't get on.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 11:58 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:

Well that makes two. But its more likely that Sarah Ferguson will attend than Meghan Markle. She's still in Andrew's good books and her daughters were liked by Phillip. The queen will expect her.

Meghan on the other hand has burned her bridges after the Oprah interview so will not be welcome back. There will be a simmering resentment among the royals present that "Meghxit" may have contributed to Phillip's health deteriorating and the Oprah interview coincided with his hospitalisation.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 12:07 am

May he rest in peace. :cry:

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 1:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

Well that makes two. But its more likely that Sarah Ferguson will attend than Meghan Markle. She's still in Andrew's good books and her daughters were liked by Phillip. The queen will expect her.

Meghan on the other hand has burned her bridges after the Oprah interview so will not be welcome back. There will be a simmering resentment among the royals present that "Meghxit" may have contributed to Phillip's health deteriorating and the Oprah interview coincided with his hospitalisation.

I don't think it would be a good life being a royal, you lose your independence and have to follow royal protocol.
Diana found it hard she would have been lonely not having her friends to go out with whenever she wanted to it's no wonder she didn't cope.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 1:31 am

Yeah that's true, Diana's decision to leave Charles and Buckingham palace was the best decision she made for her mental health.

I am sure Meghan convinced Harry to do the same, especially when she was considering having children. Now her son and daughter will be free to live normal lives away from the limitations of royal protocols.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 3:37 am

British media using Phillip's death to attack Meghan again
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... b9558a8ca7

The funeral hasn't even happened yet....

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 4:04 am

Well yes, it's a bit sad.
Phillip was quite a character, he was pretty funny.
Though I heard he used to bully Charles horribly when he was a kid, I've always felt sorry for Charles over that.

Still, I was miffed at the ABC, cutting into the middle of "Vera" for a report which went on so long I switched off. After 99 years, you'd think they could wait half an hour to break the news. Now I'm never going to know who dunnit :evil:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 4:54 am

MrsPeel wrote:
Still, I was miffed at the ABC, cutting into the middle of "Vera" for a report which went on so long I switched off. After 99 years, you'd think they could wait half an hour to break the news. Now I'm never going to know who dunnit :evil:

Watch catchup on ABC iview Mrs Peel.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 6:07 am

Oh, showing my age there, forgot we could do that :oops:
Good idea!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

10 Apr 2021, 7:30 am

Some detailed history from the BBC, for those interested.

Prince Philip: An extraordinary man who led an extraordinary life
Obituary: HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

10 Apr 2021, 7:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
British media using Phillip's death to attack Meghan again
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... b9558a8ca7

The funeral hasn't even happened yet....
Yep, sad but true. The bottom feeder "newspapers" in the UK like to hold up Catherine as the saint against Meghan as the sinner, desperate for some Diana-like scandal or tittle-tattle. It's all fictitious rubbish.

Meghan is unlikely to attend the funeral because she's heavily pregnant (and that will probably get distorted into somehow disrespecting Prince Philip: "sources say she got pregnant deliberately to cause maximum offence" :roll: ).

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 1:21 pm

Queen Victoria created the most stunning tomb for Prince Albert; I wonder if Her Majesty will have something equally impressive and meaningful built for Prince Philip?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

10 Apr 2021, 5:33 pm

Unlikely - it's not his style and I'm sure the Queen would honor that.
It's also not really the style of the current Royal Family - the Victorians did it very well but making grand funereal monuments is a bit out of place in today's society.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 5:38 pm

Yes. They did NOT do up royal weddings in previous centuries (even in the Victorian 19th century)as national spectacles the way they do now.

But they DID do up royal funerals that way.

Go figure.