Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

09 Apr 2021, 7:21 am

I was going on about my day, doing what I do [searching r00tb33r on Google to hopefully find something sensational] and suddenly, bam! This weird website popped up with conversations from WP.

Don't believe me see for yourself

But don't worry, it seems harmless especially after reading this lovely piece about empaths:

Knock yourselves out, see how much random stuff is on this, go ahead google search

site:billmanns-getraenkestodl.de

the site isn't otherwise accessible because there's a password and username requirement.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Last edited by Rexi on 09 Apr 2021, 7:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

09 Apr 2021, 7:23 am

Now we know that pepe is a wellknown meme, a green frog, and it sometimes is portrayed wearing the autistic hat. But that doesn't explain why our conversations appear there.

Is it possible they're completely different people talking about autistic men? Is it Pure Evil?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 10:34 am

The fact there's a password is odd.

Do you think they could be straight up reposting parts of threads from WP? I wonder what they're saying about posts on here... I don't know what they'd see in a bunch of autistic people talking about dumb crap on a forum, though. 8O :scratch:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 10:23 pm

WP has been trolled by kiwifarms in the past. Nothing surprises me anymore.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 10:25 pm

I've come across sites like this before, filled with random text data-mined from unrelated sites. I can't even conceive of the purpose though.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 11:02 pm

I think that we've been memed quite a few times.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 11:38 pm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 1:49 pm

So r00tb33r said it used to be a beer site, then it got hacked and the robots searched and pulled random data from other sites for traffic purposes.

In the engineer's own words:

'That site belonged to a German alcohol store. Seems they got hacked and stuffed with some bot-generated pages on random topics for SEO purposes (because that's how you drive traffic).

Here's an archived copy of the alcohol store before they got hacked:
https://web.archive.org/web/20210116033948/https://billmanns-getraenkestodl.de/

So Pepe, and my username were just random chunks of content that were grabbed by a bot to make some random text for search engines to crawl.'

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 3:12 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
The fact there's a password is odd.

Do you think they could be straight up reposting parts of threads from WP? I wonder what they're saying about posts on here... I don't know what they'd see in a bunch of autistic people talking about dumb crap on a forum, though. 8O :scratch:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 3:20 pm

Rexi wrote:
So r00tb33r said it used to be a beer site, then it got hacked and the robots searched and pulled random data from other sites for traffic purposes.

In the engineer's own words:

'That site belonged to a German alcohol store. Seems they got hacked and stuffed with some bot-generated pages on random topics for SEO purposes (because that's how you drive traffic).

Here's an archived copy of the alcohol store before they got hacked:
https://web.archive.org/web/20210116033948/https://billmanns-getraenkestodl.de/

So Pepe, and my username were just random chunks of content that were grabbed by a bot to make some random text for search engines to crawl.'

Pepe is a content mill unto himself, he posts so much disinformation that it's not surprising to me he would be implicated in a crawler's profit dredging strategy. Bummer he's not getting paid.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 3:21 pm

As for Rexi I have no idea. Rexi is very mysterious.

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2021, 4:02 pm

It seems like there's a whole other internet out there, of bots visiting websites made by bots on behalf of bots. It's like the dark matter of the internet. Maybe dark matter is made out of bots too. That would explain a lot.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 12:32 am

cberg wrote:

Didn't you read? it's no longer mysterious when they start to call you that.

At least you didn't say complicated, like men use to say about women

So it's very possible to be mysterious by being way too open. How exciting!

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 12:38 am

threetoed snail wrote:
It seems like there's a whole other internet out there, of bots visiting websites made by bots on behalf of bots. It's like the dark matter of the internet. Maybe dark matter is made out of bots too. That would explain a lot.

What's worse is they are taking over more and more of our internet side. This is war!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 2:10 am

Rexi wrote:
cberg wrote:

Didn't you read? it's no longer mysterious when they start to call you that.

At least you didn't say complicated, like men use to say about women

So it's very possible to be mysterious by being way too open. How exciting!

It's a closed loop AFAIK. By the way, the majority of the audience for everything we ever put on the internet are bots.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 3:43 pm

Kiwi farm are a bunch of losers who make fun of people for being different eg autistic people.

There is a lot of projection on that site.

As long as they don't dox, who cares about their stupid so called cringe culture? I've had it in football spheres and it's stupid. Losers scared to be strong individuals so they pick on people behind screens.