Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2021, 8:18 am

Including but not limited to IQ score?

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 9:04 am

Not too smart anymore (brain damage from an accident amongst other things) but I don't care. The less intelligent I become the more autistic I become and the more I regress to being a child.

I liked being a child...i was curious, energetic, fascinated by the world around even if I didn't understand it and I didn't have to cope with the complexities of adult relationships and their obsession with self hatred, egoism and personal perfectionism.

Yes I could have a strop if I couldnt do something but I never beat myself up for hated myself for it, i just got frustrated for a moment. I never used it as a self judgement. A skill is a skill, its not me or my personality. I grew out of it and now i just like to do things for fun.

I find modern society ugly, only doing things to impress people and be worthy.

Ie i love art as I appreciate beauty. I am more interested in the beauty than I am in what it says about me. My art says nothing about me. I love to do jigsaw puzzles because the picture is beautiful to me etc not because it makes me worthy.

The more autistic I become the less I care about how grotesque our civilisation is becoming.
Ego obsession to the point of torturing each other. Yack.

Just yack.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 9:05 am

My inner child is not capable of self hatred...she does not have an ego and she is too sweet inside.

She did not understand the need for so much creulty in the world and she still doesn't.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 9:10 am

Smart enough to have adapted to survive in a hostile world.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 9:13 am

Not smart academically but if I can survive in the world and as long as I have common sense then I’m grateful and happy! Some people are intellectually smart but not emotionally or have common sense.

Either way we’re all different for a reason so embrace your strengths

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

09 Apr 2021, 9:29 am

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Some people are intellectually smart but not emotionally or have common sense.

I would be one of those. Unfortunately, as I've got older I've become less intellectually smart without much gain in the other areas!

Checkbox
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2021, 9:39 am

I often thought I was stupid with a normal IQ.
Now I just think I'm not smart and I wish I were smarter.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 9:51 am

Intellectually smart... But emotionally fragile lol!

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2021, 9:55 am

How many are genius Aspergers?

And what’s it like?

Rawto
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2021, 9:56 am

Probably in the 120-125 range, judging from a bunch of aptitude tests we used to do in elementary school. Certainly not "gifted" unless I'm somehow a 2E.
It's nice to have a bit of an edge above others in the noggin department, since it compensates for some of my ASD. I'm glad that I'm not dull (say 75-85) considering I probably would've been placed in special education. On the other hand, it's also a good thing that I'm not a genius since I just wouldn't know what to do with myself.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 10:06 am

My IQ was measured above 150 in third grade, with my reading comprehension at high school graduate level. I was labeled as highly/exceptionally gifted, but my teachers did not know what to do with me most of the time. I completed the gifted programs to the high school level (the highest the school had) by fifth grade. It was common for me to be tutoring science and math concepts to students several grade levels above me. Unfortunately, while I was ahead of my age group academically, I was socially always behind my classmates. This did not make growing up easy for me.

As for my education, I graduated from college with my Bachelors degree in chemistry with minors in physics, math and history. I also had half of a nuclear engineering degree done but decided to concentrate on the chemistry career instead. I then went on to graduate with my masters and doctorate in synthetic chemistry, with specialization in nanomaterial technology. My current job is teaching chemistry classes at a large university. I have an ability to absorb facts at a very high rate of speed and to be able to use that information in a new way. This does not make me better than anyone else. I am just different in the way I think.

IrreversibleMistakes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Apr 2021, 10:16 am

I never had IQ score taken from me but I scored in top 2,5-3% in our national math exam in high school (that score automatically qualified me to many uni programs without even applying).

Still, people said to me many times that I was dumb which is also correct. I make bad choices all the time and I also think I have an unique autism spectrum condition. I can describe it to anyone willing.

I know U don't like showing up our story, but pleae,see the scheule.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 10:22 am

I don't really think I'm that smart, but I'm good at finding patterns and memorizing things. My IQ also was tested when I was assessed, but the woman who did the assessment wouldn't tell me it, so I don't know what it is. I don't care about IQ though, so that doesn't bother me much.

I did score at a "college reading level" in the 7th and 8th grade, when I took these semi-annual tests we had to take, which my English teacher said was very good. I've always gotten a below average score on math tests, though.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 10:27 am

I'm pretty smart (not sharing my IQ though as I don't put much stock in that number) but you'd never know it as I have the communication skills of a...well...of someone who can't communicate very well. :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 10:59 am

I'm not as smart as a lot of people on WP.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 11:04 am

I'm smart enough to avoid arguing intelligence with Dunning-Kruger cases. Stupid people have no way to evaluate themselves rationally, so their egos do the job.