As much as I hate Trump the media has a double standard

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

salad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 4:57 pm

I hate Trump and think he's a terrible human being, a narcissist, a prick and a not so subtle racist. However even then you'd be lying if you said the media didnt have a double standard against him. From using Obama's immigration policy photos of kids in cages to malign Trump (not saying I support Trump's policy but if you're so against kids in cages where was that outrage when Obama did the same thing) to bashing Trump killing an Iranian war criminal even though both Hillary and Obama orchestrated the assassination of Libya's leader and threw the country into disarray, to harping on about Trump's comments about "grabbing women by the......" instead of Hillary actually caught laughing on tape about a rape victim, supporting her rapist husband, as well as Joe Biden himself being a rapist, to making Trump to be the most racist thing since Hitler himself even though as racist as he is Joe "You aint black if you dont vote for me" Biden is even more racist and Hillary herself isn't a saint either, stuff like that makes me feel like the media has a super mega bias against Trump.

I'm not saying Trump is an angel, because I hate him, but many of the things the media picks on Trump were Biden, Hillary and Obama have done infinitely worse in. I would even make the argument from all 4 people - Hillary, Trump, Obama and Biden - that Trump is an honest saint compared to the other 3. I mean that. The moment Trump starts foreign wars, assassinates government leaders unjustly and terrorizing nations, wipes out thousands with predator drones on the same scale as his predecessors, then Ill say he's as evil as the other 3. Trump's most racist comment that the media loves to harp on to death was calling Covid "Kung Flu" or the China virus. Yeah thats definitely tactless and even racist, but where was that same outrage for Biden saying way worse stuff? "If you dont vote for me you aint black", "poor kids are just as smart as white kids", "Obama is the only articulate smart black I know", if Trump said half these things there would be a media storm and modern day lynching

What ever happened to fairness in this country?

Master Oogway

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 5:01 pm

salad wrote:
"Fairness" is a concept invented by losers.

"It's not fair" said no winner, ever.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 5:06 pm

Biden is the guy who is going to lead us out of this COVID mess. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.....but he reminds us that we must RESPECT each other. That's the essence, really.....that we might have differences of opinion, but that we must RESPECT each other.

Under Trump, RESPECT has gone out the window.

I've never known of a person who has shown less leadership in a crisis than Donald Trump.....I don't care if there's a "double standard" or whatever.....

salad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 10:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
salad wrote:
"Fairness" is a concept invented by losers.

"It's not fair" said no winner, ever.

No, fairness is a concept invented by ethical philosophers, spiritualists and people with morals, reason and empathy. No matter how much you hate Trump there is no vice more despicable and dare I say deplorable than unfairness. During the time of the Boston Massacre John Adams, one of the Patriots and Sons of Liberty, stood as a lawyer in defense of the Redcoats who fired upon his compatriots out of fairness to his enemies knowing that they were assaulted 1st and hence had a right to fire back.

Master Oogway

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2021, 12:11 am

Prior to 2016 I never took people like Chomsky seriously. Now its become pretty obvious to me that people like him are the only ones telling the whole truth. There is no doubt a lot of bias of omission everywhere in the corporate owned media.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2021, 12:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Biden is the guy who is going to lead us out of this COVID mess. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.....but he reminds us that we must RESPECT each other. That's the essence, really.....that we might have differences of opinion, but that we must RESPECT each other.

Under Trump, RESPECT has gone out the window.

I've never known of a person who has shown less leadership in a crisis than Donald Trump.....I don't care if there's a "double standard" or whatever.....

I don’t know that people do truly respect each other though. Its not just politics. People are just extremely gratingly selfish and entitled these days. The anti-mask crap just boggles my mind. Its not just Trump. Our whole country is full of moral toddlers screaming “meee meee meeee”.