Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2021, 4:59 pm

I have an appointment coming up in about a week. I'm nervous about it because I dont feel great and I don't want to end up in the hospital.

This week I have been feeling out of it. My dreams have been melting into my reality. It's making me feel bizarre. I have been having moments where I have no motivation to move around. I cannot tell if this is because of my autism or mental illness. Also right now I dislike having a label.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 6:28 pm

The first thing is to relax. No one is going to hurt you. They are there to improve your life and not to make it worse.
Worrying does not add a single minute to our lives so do not worry. (Jesus said this. He also said "Let every day worry about itself").
Relax and look forward to it.

I never forget when I was sent to get physiotherapy after I tore a muscle. I was afraid. Never had it before. I was also not even knowing what it meant. There was nothing to worry about. :)

Sometimes we think the worst when it is not as bad as we think.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 7:08 pm

You might try various centering techniques , keep in your mind you are in a particular place of spot , if you are in your bedroom , just be in your bedroom mentally focus on that pick a spot in your room and stare at it . And realize you are there in your room in the here and know . Then notice the colour you are looking at describe it to yourself is it soft , is it a dark colour a soft pastel colour . , then notice if where you are sitting is a soft spot , Look at the spot your sitting on , touch it does it feel soft to the touch ? Or rough. Notice these things , Try to be in the present .
You might fo do this several times a day in different places you go to, Just center yourself , this is only one technique . Might be handy just before your appointment. Try not to worry it will play havoc with your mind .

where ever you go ,there you are

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 9:13 pm

Jakki wrote:
You might try various centering techniques , keep in your mind you are in a particular place of spot , if you are in your bedroom , just be in your bedroom mentally focus on that pick a spot in your room and stare at it . And realize you are there in your room in the here and know . Then notice the colour you are looking at describe it to yourself is it soft , is it a dark colour a soft pastel colour . , then notice if where you are sitting is a soft spot , Look at the spot your sitting on , touch it does it feel soft to the touch ? Or rough. Notice these things , Try to be in the present .
You might fo do this several times a day in different places you go to, Just center yourself , this is only one technique . Might be handy just before your appointment. Try not to worry it will play havoc with your mind .

I think that's called mindfulness , yeah? :?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 5:55 am

It’s how one centers themselves , it is a treatment for panick attacks or bad anxiety . Each step is very important
To follow through .

where ever you go ,there you are

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2021, 9:27 pm

Being in the hospital isn't fun. I never thought I'd go, but it happened to me once. I've been in the ER a few times, too. The less you're a part of society, and the more odd you are, the higher your chances are of being hospitalized. People just don't have the time, energy, or patience for the developmentally disabled or the mentally ill. They're focused on their own issues and needs. It's a selfish world we live in.

My biggest challenge is being as productive as possible now that I'm on disability and now that I can only work part-time. I once had a full life and a career that I truly loved. i worked hard for it, too. As hard as the next person. Maybe even harder.

Friends are tough to come by. But they help. You might need medication, and that's ok. Lots of people take meds for different things.

I have to accept that I'm not as fortunate as some of my peers. Maybe things will get better, I don't know.

Good luck.