Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Pedagogysimp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Apr 2021, 10:02 pm

Hi everyone

Would this be a good place to talk about my symptoms and ask questions as someone who thinks I could be autistic?

For some reason I’m just super scared of telling someone I think I could be autistic and then being wrong. I’ve done like as much research as I possibly could and have taken all the online tests and stuff but I’d love to talk to real people about it.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 11:41 pm

Welcome!

No-one here will be able to give you a professional diagnosis, but we can certainly tell you whether we've experienced similar things, how the assessment process works, good places to look for more info, coping strategies that might work for you, overlaps with other conditions, etc. etc.

ASD is very diverse, what is true for one person might not be true for another. So feel free to ask questions, but be prepared to possibly cope with a wide range of answers. :D

Pedagogysimp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Apr 2021, 1:33 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
Welcome!

No-one here will be able to give you a professional diagnosis, but we can certainly tell you whether we've experienced similar things, how the assessment process works, good places to look for more info, coping strategies that might work for you, overlaps with other conditions, etc. etc.

ASD is very diverse, what is true for one person might not be true for another. So feel free to ask questions, but be prepared to possibly cope with a wide range of answers. :D

This is helpful, thank you :D