All My Homies Hate Skrillex | A story about what happened wi

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 10:59 pm

I just took a listen to this to see what kind of depth-of-field it would give on the genre. He pretty much tells the story the way it landed for me, and I really started getting into it right around the time he was describing as the 'nether zone' and I think for me it was partly that there was a lot more creativity and diversity that jumped out (Dubchild's Suddenly was the first tune that really grabbed my attention).

Don't know if anyone will really be interested in this but...meh... it's a bit of a documentary about the historical flow of the music and, tbh, it's a good lineup of the stuff that I think was properly front-and center and what made it work before it went off-the-rails commercial.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin