Always treated this way around women?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2021, 1:30 am

Jamesy wrote:
In everyday life and social situations when I am hanging around women for example other males can get agressive towards me and say things like "give up your seat for the lady etc"

Is this behavior towards me normal or not?

I had this behavior from other males trying to score points with the ladies, and you know what, it works - the ladies notice and become interest in them and lose interest in me. Women are attracted to this type of disrespect and verbal/emotional violence between men. Women are really in tune to this.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 7:22 am

Mountain goat thanks for sharing your experience, looking back at least you can now laugh at the experience but at the time, your face must've gone red. Be careful when meeting people in real life from forums though.

Basic manners, being courteous and using chivalry is becoming a thing of the past.

Disabled people, pregnant, elderly or those with health issues, don't get a seat saved for them anymore, don't have people helping them with things or opening doors.
Manners are very rare. I used to know of a disabled lady and she was in a wheelchair, she once told me how people would try and walk through her and not see her or make space for her to get around, she had doors open and close on her and that was disheartening to hear how people in wheelchairs get treated like that, i'd imagine it's the same if you're pushing a pram for a baby too

I'd be surprised during the courting stage, if a man would pull out a chair for a women before a meal.
These things are practically now unheard off.

I do believe however, male or female, chivalry should still exist and basic manners.

Whether it's family or anyone in general, i do appreciate it when i've received help or kindness or politeness.Always thankful.One man however, helped me,made me feel very loved, sent me gifts, wrote me poems and was there for me and wrote me a song and it's something i'll always appreciate and never forget.No one has ever done that before . So maybe my faith in humanity is restored and theirs some nice people left in the world.

Besides that, out and about and from general observations , chivalry cease to exist.

I appreciate hearing things from others perspective as well as a man.