Gunman barricades himself in room at Hawaiian resort

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 9:04 am

Shots Fired inside Hawaii Hotel: Gunman at Kahala Hotel & Resort in Honolulu

Quote:
Terror in Paradise at the Kahala Hotel 5 miles away from Waikiki in the Diamond Head area. The upscale luxury oceanfront resort is famous for its dolphins.

Honolulu Police cars with flashing lights were racing down the H1 freeway early this evening to get to the resort hotel after a 911 call reporting shots fired by a gunman. A man, assumed to be a guest, fired shots from a room balcony.

The gunman apparently barricaded himself in a hotel room on the 4th floor of the hotel. According to a report on KHON-3, the gunman may be a member of the US military.

Police evacuated the resort. It’s believed some staff or guests are locked into the ballroom.
When police approached his room, he fired at the officers. Before police arrived the gunman fired at hotel staff in shooting through his door.

The hotel is surrounded by law enforcement, and there are no reports of injuries at this time.

There are no reports of hostage-taking, but the situation is not clear.

Hours after the shots at 10 pm police negotiators were still trying to talk to the gunman. The situation was downgraded from an active shooter situation after hour four.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 6:05 pm

Honolulu hotel standoff ends after armed man dies by suicide

Quote:
A standoff between Honolulu police and an armed man who fired shots through the door of his room at a luxury resort ended when the man was found dead from suicide, local media reported Sunday.

A SWAT team entered the fourth-floor room at The Kahala Hotel & Resort about 3:30 a.m. Sunday and found the man dead, local television stations and a newspaper reported, citing unnamed police officials. All reported police didn’t release further information, including the man’s name.

No one outside the door was hurt, Honolulu police Capt. Brian Lynch told news outlets. The luxury resort said in a statement that hotel security and law enforcement evacuated the area around the room.

“Everybody is accounted for,” Lynch said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman