'White Lives Matter' rallies flop as hardly anyone shows up

Page 2 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 3:07 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The Left doesn't oppose racism so long as one is racist against the correct race.

It's a form of selective bigotry, commonly employed by racists and their apologists.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 5:40 am

Two pages of replies and nobody has stated the obvious. Since the insurrection, all attempts by the "alt-right" be it Q'Anon's Trump return to the White House days or White Lives Matter day has fallen flat on their face. While there might lone wolf attacks for the moment they are far from the arguably imminent existential threat that they were during the Trump years. It appears they "shot their wad" on January 6.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 8:19 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Two pages of replies and nobody has stated the obvious. Since the insurrection, all attempts by the "alt-right" be it Q'Anon's Trump return to the White House days or White Lives Matter day has fallen flat on their face. While there might lone wolf attacks for the moment they are far from the arguably imminent existential threat that they were during the Trump years. It appears they "shot their wad" on January 6.
Good points, every single one.

Apparently, for all their bluff and bluster, Trump's goons had no back-up plan for their failed coup attempt.  They had so much faith in a swift and total victory -- after which they would rule over all the women and non-white races in rainbows and glory -- that they forgot the first rule of strategic combat, which is:

"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength." -- Graf Helmuth Karl Bernhard von Moltke, Prussian army field marshal (1800-1891)

In simpler terms, "No plan for battle ever survives first contact with the enemy."

Their "enemy" being a bunch of unarmed, non-combatant politicians in somewhat less than the best of health.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 3:20 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
The Left doesn't oppose racism so long as one is racist against the correct race.

It's a form of selective bigotry, commonly employed by racists and their apologists.

Congratulations! You have established the definition of selective, and established that racism is bigotry. Good job! I think we were all a little fuzzy on what "selective" meant, and whether racism was in fact a form of bigotry. Such revelations!

Which still leaves us with the paradox of "america ISN'T racist, but also it is, but only when it's people I don't like, and white people aren't racist but everyone else is, which totally isn't racist in and of itself".

To both of you: Please explain the purpose of this "selective racism". In detail. Something more than posting links that do the talking for you, or vague "reasons" like "to control us!" Cool. "To control us", then. How? How does this control us? Describe how the machine functions. What is it's goal? Who is running it? Why are they doing it? If it's not control, then what is it? Please elaborate.

Whatever reason you give, back it up with more than bravado and a mountain of hollow words. Spell it out in detail, since you've got such a handle on things. Regale us with your plethora of facts and insights, and help us see what you see.

Or are you going to pack up and back up, and magically start avoiding the talking point you brought up in the first place. Maybe toss out avoidant comments like claiming you've already explained it enough, or that "it should be obvious", or the ever lame "ClEaRlY tHeReS nO PoInT iN TaLkInG tO yOu!" death rattle of a weak and flimsy argument with no real ground to stand on beating a hasty retreat lest it have to actually defend itself from anything stronger than their own strawmen.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 3:29 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

I hope that you're right. That said, I'm still watching them like a fallen horror movie ghoul. A lot of the potential for violence is directly tied to their knowledge that they're no longer able to dominate through legitimate democratic means. Compare with how during the civil rights era there was an uptick in violence once it became clear change wasn't going to be stopped through the legal system.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 5:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I hope that you're right. That said, I'm still watching them like a fallen horror movie ghoul. A lot of the potential for violence is directly tied to their knowledge that they're no longer able to dominate through legitimate democratic means. Compare with how during the civil rights era there was an uptick in violence once it became clear change wasn't going to be stopped through the legal system.

That is why I wrote “for the moment”.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 3:08 pm

I'd like to see an All Lives Matter rally take place. I'd go to it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 3:13 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'd like to see an All Lives Matter rally take place. I'd go to it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 4:30 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
I kind of suspect that this event and the NBC story may just be an attempt to troll the public. No specific groups or people were mentioned. The mainstream media enjoys stirring up racial tensions.

The article didn't specifically say that the groups were "White Lives Matter" groups? I'da swore they did. Wild.
Well, they were explicitly organized as "White Lives Matter" rallies, so that's still pretty specific. Or were you expecting something like "Rally Union Number 24776, The EastWest SharkJets, out of new jersey"

There's more to holding a rally or a protest than just announcing it and showing up. You do have to officially register the event with the city. Someone has to do that. You'd think at least the person who went to the trouble of registering the event would at least show up. Also, it's hard to name names of people who DON'T show up. And if they did name names, then there'd be endless wailing about "cAnCeL CuLtUrE!" - whereas if they don't name names someone complains about that, too, and says they should have. But again, people didn't show up.

As such, here's the list of names of people who showed up:

And there you go.

Fnord has a point. They shot their shot, and nobody joined in. Sad trombone.

I guess there was a point to what you just posted but it escapes me.
What if it were an "Asian Lives Matter" rally would that be racist?
Would a "Native Lives Matter" rally be racist?
Is "Black Lives Matter" racist?
I believe ALL lives matter regardless of their color. Why are some encouraged to be racist while others are seen as inherently racist just by virtue of their existence?

The difference is, blacks, Asians, Native Americans, and others have been clearly stepped on and kicked around because of the color of their skin and difference in race. Whites as a race have not faced discrimination. Any sort of white lives matter movement is clearly reactionary, with the intent of reducing liberties for non-whites who have actually faced discrimination.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 4:34 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Congratulations! You have established the definition of selective, and established that racism is bigotry. Good job! I think we were all a little fuzzy on what "selective" meant, and whether racism was in fact a form of bigotry. Such revelations!

Which still leaves us with the paradox of "america ISN'T racist, but also it is, but only when it's people I don't like, and white people aren't racist but everyone else is, which totally isn't racist in and of itself".

To both of you: Please explain the purpose of this "selective racism". In detail. Something more than posting links that do the talking for you, or vague "reasons" like "to control us!" Cool. "To control us", then. How? How does this control us? Describe how the machine functions. What is it's goal? Who is running it? Why are they doing it? If it's not control, then what is it? Please elaborate.

Whatever reason you give, back it up with more than bravado and a mountain of hollow words. Spell it out in detail, since you've got such a handle on things. Regale us with your plethora of facts and insights, and help us see what you see.

Or are you going to pack up and back up, and magically start avoiding the talking point you brought up in the first place. Maybe toss out avoidant comments like claiming you've already explained it enough, or that "it should be obvious", or the ever lame "ClEaRlY tHeReS nO PoInT iN TaLkInG tO yOu!" death rattle of a weak and flimsy argument with no real ground to stand on beating a hasty retreat lest it have to actually defend itself from anything stronger than their own strawmen.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2021, 4:38 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

I think if this doesn't get the point across, then, seriously... nothing will.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2021, 9:19 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:

Weird how only reactionaries who happen to be white think everyone is racist against them. I’m white, where is all this racism? You are insane. Anti-racism only seems like racism when you are racist. Sorry. Not sorry.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 9:22 am

NoClearMind53 wrote:
Anti-racism only seems like racism when you are racist. Sorry. Not sorry.

Careful, there's posters on here who believe anti-racism is the real racism.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 9:26 am

NoClearMind53 wrote:
... Anti-racism only seems like racism when you are racist...
... and when you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.  Right there is the problem.  Some people have enjoyed being at the top of the social ladder for so long that they believe their "superior" position to be the proper order; but when someone else manages to climb to the top, they see it as a personal threat.

Sort of like when someone expresses a different opinion, someone else will perceive it as an attack.

:roll: Racism.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 9:28 am

funeralxempire wrote:
... there's posters on here who believe anti-racism is the real racism.
Cognitive Dissonance may be co-morbid with other, more serious mental and perceptive disorders.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 9:57 am

... Or are you going to pack up and back up, and magically start avoiding the talking point you brought up in the first place. Maybe toss out avoidant comments like claiming you've already explained it enough, or that "it should be obvious", or the ever lame "ClEaRlY tHeReS nO PoInT iN TaLkInG tO yOu!" death rattle of a weak and flimsy argument with no real ground to stand on beating a hasty retreat lest it have to actually defend itself from anything stronger than their own strawmen.
I especially liked this part.

The way some racists operate resembles guerilla sniping, where the shooter appears just long enough to fire off a round, disappear, and then re-appear and fire again from another location.  Their objective is not so much to be on-target, but to keep their opponents in a defensive mode until one of them breaks ranks and commits to a full-on assault, at which point the guerillas will call upon their allies to join the fight against the one lone target -- all the while claiming that they are acting in "self-defense" from aggression they themselves provoked.

:roll: Racists ... another breed of playground bully ...