'White Lives Matter' rallies flop as hardly anyone shows up

Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 6:14 pm

NBC News

Quote:
In semi-private, encrypted chats, neo-Nazis and other far-right extremists planned rallies in dozens of cities on Sunday to promote their racist movements and spread their ideologies to larger audiences.

Hyped by organizers as events that would make “the whole world tremble,” the rallies ran into a major problem on Sunday: Hardly anyone showed up.

The “White Lives Matter” rallies, planned on the encrypted app Telegram, were the first major real-world organization efforts by white supremacists since 2018, and after many aligned groups allegedly participated in the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S Capitol.

The poor showing underscores how the nation’s unpopular and disorganized extremist movements have been driven underground by increased scrutiny from the media, law enforcement and far left activists who infiltrate extremists’ private online spaces and disrupt their attempts to communicate and organize.

Few “White Lives Matter” marchers showed up on Sunday, but anti-racist and anti-fascist groups gathered just the same.

In Raleigh, North Carolina, a small crowd of antifa and anti-racist protesters gathered at the park where the “White Lives Matter” march was planned. They marched around downtown behind a large white sign that read, “WE ACCEPT YOUR SURRENDER.”

The lackluster events were documented by livestreams and photos posted to Twitter.

In Philadelphia, activists tweeted photos of a counterprotest picnic with pizza and Tastykake snacks. In New York City, over a dozen counterprotesters stood seemingly unopposed across the street from Trump Tower, where a “White Lives Matter” rally was expected.

Police in downtown Albuquerque, New Mexico, formed a circle around a lone protester to separate him from a large crowd of counterprotesters. Three protesters assembled around a “White Lives Matter” banner outside the city hall building in Fort Worth, Texas, where a police line separated them from a couple of dozen counterprotesters.

Hundreds of counterprotesters, bystanders and media members gathered at a counterprotest at the scheduled start time of a “White Lives Matter” march at Southern California’s Huntington Beach Pier.

Throughout the afternoon, counterprotesters could be seen on several livestreams chanting “Unity and community,” and “Black lives matter.” A few single protesters, one who wore a full hood and a T-shirt with a white supremacist slogan, were run off by the crowd, who yelled “Go home, Nazis!”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 8:15 am

Brandy Zadrozny, for NBC News, wrote:
... The poor showing underscores how the nation's unpopular and disorganized extremist movements have been driven underground by increased scrutiny from the media, law enforcement and far left activists who infiltrate extremists’ private online spaces and disrupt their attempts to communicate and organize. ...
John, the Beloved, wrote:
"Everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come into the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." -- John 3:20, NIV
Enough said?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 12:04 pm

It's A 'Misnomer' to Suggest The

Dark Has Ever Really Been Afraid

To Come Out into The Light After

All Wherever It is Socially Accepted All

Kinds of Bizarre Beliefs Are Given Shared

And Trusted As Good News Nightmare Treats

Openly Harming Others With No Retreat Like an All

Loving God That Changes Metaphors of Sheep Human

Christians Into Goats and Burns them Forever For Not Being

Very Nice Not Sharing the Shirt off their Back with the Homeless

Jesus On the

Corner of

Chick Filet

And Walmart

Forgetting All About Gentile

Jew Servant or Free Woman or Man

No More Distancing Sacred Matrimony

For Labels Instead of Love Body Parts Discriminated

AS Such From Touching Each Other Same Forgetting All

About the Spirit of Love Within Beyond Flesh For All To Give

Care And Share Free Like Angels In Heaven Within on Earth Now

Having No

Need to

Even

Get

Married Loving

This Way yet of Course

Paul the So-Called Saul

Also Contradicted Whoever Wrote

The Other Paul Part of that Story Saying

You Don't Sit Next to the Adulterer Flavor of

Sinner At Church As Label Excluding Spirit of Love True...

The Dark Is Still Emboldened Wherever It is Socially Accepted

In Lies of Light too

True the Q-Anon

Conspiracy Theories

Not as Wildly Socially Accepted

Before Yet the Lies in Tonnage of Dark

Proudly Standing, Kneeling, and Praying

Hands Clasped In Harm that Still Hurts the

Most Vulnerable Among Us Still Sing to Choirs

of Demons Proudly in Admiration of All The Sin in Fear And Hate Against the Least....

Put my Science
Hat Back on

That Says

Neuroscience Now

Suggests Humans Basically

Hallucinate Their Realities out

of Hallucinations of Experience Their

Minds In Group Think Originate Before

It is Clear to See This Is Nothing New Both Dreams and Nightmares Under

The Sun as Dark Becomes Light In Clear Sight for Those Who Are not 'Blind'...

It's True We Will Cherry Pick A Dusty Old Bible All We Want Yet There is Plenty

of Rotten Fruit

iN With Fresh Love...

That Sadly Overall

Rots the Whole Barrel of 'Apples' and 'Monkeys' too...

Please Note: Monkeys Are Still Lovely Creatures and Apples Are Still Tasty Fruits..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 12:44 pm

I kind of suspect that this event and the NBC story may just be an attempt to troll the public. No specific groups or people were mentioned. The mainstream media enjoys stirring up racial tensions.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 12:54 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
I kind of suspect that this event and the NBC story may just be an attempt to troll the public. No specific groups or people were mentioned. The mainstream media enjoys stirring up racial tensions.
Another red herring?  Give it up, already.

The point is that WLM threw a party and no one bothered to show up.  Several parties, in fact.

The Media is not trolling so much as it is laughing its collective arses off at the clown act WLM has become.

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 1:14 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

The article didn't specifically say that the groups were "White Lives Matter" groups? I'da swore they did. Wild.
Well, they were explicitly organized as "White Lives Matter" rallies, so that's still pretty specific. Or were you expecting something like "Rally Union Number 24776, The EastWest SharkJets, out of new jersey"

There's more to holding a rally or a protest than just announcing it and showing up. You do have to officially register the event with the city. Someone has to do that. You'd think at least the person who went to the trouble of registering the event would at least show up. Also, it's hard to name names of people who DON'T show up. And if they did name names, then there'd be endless wailing about "cAnCeL CuLtUrE!" - whereas if they don't name names someone complains about that, too, and says they should have. But again, people didn't show up.

As such, here's the list of names of people who showed up:

And there you go.

Fnord has a point. They shot their shot, and nobody joined in. Sad trombone.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 1:39 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

The article didn't specifically say that the groups were "White Lives Matter" groups? I'da swore they did. Wild.
Well, they were explicitly organized as "White Lives Matter" rallies, so that's still pretty specific. Or were you expecting something like "Rally Union Number 24776, The EastWest SharkJets, out of new jersey"

There's more to holding a rally or a protest than just announcing it and showing up. You do have to officially register the event with the city. Someone has to do that. You'd think at least the person who went to the trouble of registering the event would at least show up. Also, it's hard to name names of people who DON'T show up. And if they did name names, then there'd be endless wailing about "cAnCeL CuLtUrE!" - whereas if they don't name names someone complains about that, too, and says they should have. But again, people didn't show up.

And there you go.

I guess there was a point to what you just posted but it escapes me.
What if it were an "Asian Lives Matter" rally would that be racist?
Would a "Native Lives Matter" rally be racist?
Is "Black Lives Matter" racist?
I believe ALL lives matter regardless of their color. Why are some encouraged to be racist while others are seen as inherently racist just by virtue of their existence?

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 2:31 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

And there you go.

I believe ALL lives matter regardless of their color. Why are some encouraged to be racist while others are seen as inherently racist just by virtue of their existence?

You seem confused. Only one of us even mentioned racism, and it wasn't me. You're the one that invoked the notion of stirring up racial tensions.

I said the specific name of the group that set up the rallies, in response to you apparently being confused about the specific groups involved (however small the involvement). You mentioned racism, not me. I just expressed mirth at the fact that their attempt fell flat.

People usually go to demonstrations cos they're mad enough to devote their time to that event rather than just living their life. Nobody showed up, so maybe there's not that much for them to be outraged over after all. Desperate people will make the time. Comfortable people won't see the need in the first place.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 2:39 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

And there you go.

I got to hand it to you. You're extremely good at side-stepping the issue and a master at the art of the "Non-Answer"! Ever consider a career as an elected official?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 3:24 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
I got to hand it to you. You're extremely good at side-stepping the issue and a master at the art of the "Non-Answer"! Ever consider a career as an elected official?
Pot ... Kettle ... Black.

:roll:

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2021, 6:08 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

Fox and right wing outlets are also "mainstream media" and also love stirring up dumb culture wars. Even if they aren't technically mainstream, right wing outlets are always funded by multi-millionaires, if the hosts aren't millionaires themselves. Corporate media is center-right economics + support for US imperialism + dunking on Trump and calling the right racist. They all stir up s**t to make money for themselves while getting you to believe there are "two sides". But yea, the right loves complaining about Mr. Potato Head being de-genendered or whatever while homeless people die in the streets. The only real war going on is the rich vs the poor, and the rich own the media and dictate culture wars and idpol to keep the poor masses at each other's throats. FOX and MSNBC and CNN are the same thing.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 7:45 am

NoClearMind53 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Fox and right wing outlets are also "mainstream media" and also love stirring up dumb culture wars. Even if they aren't technically mainstream, right wing outlets are always funded by multi-millionaires, if the hosts aren't millionaires themselves. Corporate media is center-right economics + support for US imperialism + dunking on Trump and calling the right racist. They all stir up s**t to make money for themselves while getting you to believe there are "two sides". But yea, the right loves complaining about Mr. Potato Head being de-genendered or whatever while homeless people die in the streets. The only real war going on is the rich vs the poor, and the rich own the media and dictate culture wars and idpol to keep the poor masses at each other's throats. FOX and MSNBC and CNN are the same thing.

I don't watch FOX News, but, Yeah, Whatever..........

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 7:59 am

Maybe a cartoon is more your style...

White Boy Bummer
by Headlines

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 12:59 pm

The Left doesn't oppose racism so long as one is racist against the correct race.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 2:45 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

And there you go.

...he said, unironically, as he changed the subject in the form of an ad-hominem non-sequitur, that in no way adds to the conversation at hand.

"Side-stepping non-answer!" he cried, with his side-stepping non-answer...

...aaaaaaand "nyoom!", right over his head it goes...

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 2:48 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The Left doesn't oppose racism so long as one is racist against the correct race.

Oh do tell? Please, elaborate more on how exactly this works. Regale us with your mighty wisdom regarding this mechanism for selective racism. In as much detail as you can, please.

Something more than a few soundbites, and some internet links that do the talking FOR you.

YOU explain it, since you seem to understand it so well.