Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 7:55 pm

I don't believe in alien space craft visiting earth. I think it unlikely that an advanced civilization will have a need for craft that we would recognize as craft long enough that we are statistically likely to encounter them.

So, when I say UFO, I just mean something that flies and I don't know what it is. Possibly an illusion, or a combination of a physical effect and malfunctioning eyesight.

Two days ago, while out walking late at night, I saw something streak across the sky, heading southeast over my home town. It went from unseen to lit (but not very brightly, less so than a full moon) in about two seconds, and then back to unseen in about one second, and in those three seconds covered a large percentage of my field of view. It was large enough to see cross-sectional size, and not just a point of light, perhaps half the width of the moon, so fairly large, depending on how close it was. It looked like a streak, with the outer edges of the streak brighter than the center. It was not ill-defined or breaking apart, like a meteor, and it didn't light up the sky around it. It was crisp and straight. If it was high enough altitude to account for it being silent, then it was REALLY frickin' large and fast, or if it was close enough to account for its relative speed and size, then it was REALLY frickin' silent. I heard nothing at all.

I said, "What the hell was that?!", and stared for quite a while. I waited for a sonic boom, or an explosion in the distance, and heard nothing. I went over in my mind what I'd seen, and then went on with my walk, because what the hell else are you going to do about it?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 8:23 pm

My first was in 2012, December 18th, Tuesday morning, around 6:30AM, driving to work, heading South. I remember, because I was thinking a lot about that whole "Mayan calendar" thing at the time (which, BTW, you cannot convince me that Earth did not reach a new age).

Anyway, I remember there was this star to my right, above the treeline, very bright...I wasn't really paying attention to it until it suddenly "fell" straight down and disappeared behind the trees. I looked around and realized there were no other stars in the sky, it was far too overcast.

When I got home, I did a quick search to see if anyone else had witnessed it...I didn't find anything, but I did find out that there were a large number of UFO sightings in the area at the time.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 8:38 pm

Was it a globe like ball? What colour was it?

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 9:02 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Was it a globe like ball? What colour was it?

If you're talking to me, no it wasn't a ball. It was a streak, brighter to the outside than in the center. It was white.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 9:31 pm

Wow! What a trippy story. :flower:

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 10:38 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
because what the hell else are you going to do about it?

Maybe use it as a creative writing prompt?

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 11:03 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:
because what the hell else are you going to do about it?

Maybe use it as a creative writing prompt?

I have a major creative project underway already. And a book I'm supposed to be writing. And I should probably find employment before I become homeless.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 11:37 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
And I should probably find employment before I become homeless.

Cool about the writing projects!
Oh dear. I do wish you success soon and very soon on job and housing; have been homeless twice and is totally not my first choice of lifestyle.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:30 pm

This happened again, in about the same location, though the direction of travel (southwest) was perpendicular to the last track. It was also smaller, which I take to mean it was farther away. Still too big and fast to have been a shooting star. Also traveling faster than last time, and not visible for as long.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 12:36 am

Et likes you.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Et likes you.

So why doesn't eet take me the hell away from here? lol

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:37 am

TenMinutes wrote:
This happened again, in about the same location, though the direction of travel (southwest) was perpendicular to the last track. It was also smaller, which I take to mean it was farther away. Still too big and fast to have been a shooting star. Also traveling faster than last time, and not visible for as long.

Do you carry a phone/camera with you?

What angle is the object in the sky?

Was it a clear sky - day/evening

It should be possible to remove some explanations

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:50 am

Well I saw a weird UFO thing, I mean it was lights that looked like fireworkd falling, and I do have two other people that could confirm the experience. I know I saw them falling like fire-works and then they started floating around in the sky and doing weird patterns. But it was so cool to look at I didn't even think of trying to snap any pictures on my phone, but either way they were werid little orbs dancing around that were certainly not fireworks, so yeah to this day I don't know what those were

But for sure looked like those streamer fireworks being shot down, but then the firey orbs did not behave like fireworks. The dropped down like potential fireworkd but just started floating around in the sky.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:52 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I saw a weird UFO thing, I mean it was lights that looked like fireworkd falling, and I do have two other people that could confirm the experience. I know I saw them falling like fire-works and then they started floating around in the sky and doing weird patterns. But it was so cool to look at I didn't even think of trying to snap any pictures on my phone, but either way they were werid little orbs dancing around that were certainly not fireworks, so yeah to this day I don't know what those were.

Yep I've seen one of those, it brightened up stayed stationary for a few minutes then fell like a paint streak

It looked weird but I'm sure an astronomer would just call it a falling star or meteor

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 2:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I saw a weird UFO thing, I mean it was lights that looked like fireworkd falling, and I do have two other people that could confirm the experience. I know I saw them falling like fire-works and then they started floating around in the sky and doing weird patterns. But it was so cool to look at I didn't even think of trying to snap any pictures on my phone, but either way they were werid little orbs dancing around that were certainly not fireworks, so yeah to this day I don't know what those were.

Yep I've seen one of those, it brightened up stayed stationary for a few minutes then fell like a paint streak

It looked weird but I'm sure an astronomer would just call it a falling star or meteor

Well they looked kind of like metors, but it was only when the moved like a longer way that commet tails showed up. LIke I thought maybe meteors but they don't usually behave like that. Because they kept stopping in the sky and blinking on and off in what looked like some kind of pattern and I have never heard of metoers that do that. Also I watched some stuff with my brother which does make an interesting case about extraterrestrials visiting our planet. LIke if we assume there could be advanced races out there, what if their main concern is our nuclear s**t. LIke they are not against earth or hostile, they are just concerned about our nuclear power.Because of the terrible atom bomb we made, what if they just don't want us to do that again, like who knows if one of those was released into space what it would do. So idk instead of alien life being hostile, they might be afraid we'll be too hostile, like maybe tye know something about the atom bomb we don't know. Just seems like people started seeing a lot of UFOs in the 50's and well what if our atom bomb freaked them out so they are keeping taps on if we do something like that again.

Like what if we're the bad aliens that are shown in sci-fi films....from the perspective of actual aliens.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 2:17 am

I'm only open to the possibility because I'm a UFO experiencer in my childhood. We had a house on the ocean and I recall not being able to sleep sitting my bed staring at the horizon over the beach watching these orbs dancing around in the sky sometimes chasing each other like fireflies. I remember many sleepless nights between 1976-1978 watching these lights. Must have seen them several hundred times while we lived in that house.

I was weirdly quite accepting of these things like they were just part of the scenery.

Two things I remember was the dogs in our neighbourhood always went bezerk whenever these lights showed up. Second was when they flew over the ocean I admired their reflection on the water during summer as the water was still. I used to laugh thinking wow it looks there's 4 of them but there''s only two. Like I was fantasising it looked like they were more. Not actually cognisant that what I was looking at wasn't really supposed to exist in the first place.