Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 8:14 pm

To be honest unlike some other people in the UK, I'm not really looking forward to reopening on 12th April, maybe its because I've been so used to the last three and half months being on furlough, everyone seems to want to get their hair cut and everything whereas as I am still weary about visiting a hairdressers, I've had my hair done at home and prefer to wait a while until a significant amount in my area and in the country are vaccinated, I even have been refusing to go to the opticians even though they've been sending me letters saying I'm due for a check-up and I last went in 2018 and not comfortable about visiting because its not very spacious in terms of social distancing.

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Apr 2021, 10:13 pm

I like that society has slowed down and gotten quieter, but I'll be happy to take the mask off. They're starting to get pretty annoying, I don't like how they feel on my face.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 10:31 pm

I miss hanging out with friends in person, but I enjoy not having to try to socialize with complete strangers. I also like that it's socially acceptable to hide my face and keep my distance from people.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 4:35 am

MidnightRose wrote:
I like that society has slowed down and gotten quieter, but I'll be happy to take the mask off. They're starting to get pretty annoying, I don't like how they feel on my face.

^^^^
This

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:05 am

I'm looking forward to being able to go shopping again, as I don't use Amazon or any other online shopping.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2021, 12:22 pm

I certainly won't be visiting any shops just yet. Not until I've had my first dose of the vaccine and even then, I'll probably wait a while longer before I start going into shops again. Until then, I'll just continue to shop online as I have done since the first lockdown was declared.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 12:32 pm

While I am looking forward to once again dining at my favorite full-service restaurants, I am not looking forward to crowded malls filled with punks, screaming kids, belligerent shoppers, loud music, and security people who do not know the difference between aspie avoidance and criminal sneakiness.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 12:39 pm

My world is still on emergency lockdown and I'm not even supposed to leave the house. I'm not looking forward to reopening at all though, because I like the world the way it is now apart from the fact people are sick and dying. If it weren't for the health crisis I like the idea of social distancing and having an excuse to avoid smalltalk, outings, or people in general.

I think when things reopen I'll be happy for the businesses but sad for people who are forced back to work, if they enjoyed working from home. I'll also be nervous because I can't imagine life the way it used to be. It seems a distant memory.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 4:32 pm

At the beginning of Covid-19, march 2020, I missed:. Counseling, library, aikido, bathroom

Counseling got too dramatic. "Much ado about nothing". Gone to over 42 counselors between 16 and 38 (now). Some counselors make useful statements sometimes. But "actions speak louder than words"

Someone fixed my computer so library computer not necessary

Aikido is like smoke and mirrors. The head b***h doesn't care about anyone except herself and cash. The head b***h earns her entire income from aikido. The head b***h makes customers teach her lessons for free. That is in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act. For profit. She either has to pay them like employees or assign college credit

Over one year later, just miss the bathroom

Many public bathrooms locked up or ordered by government to be closed

Janitor

At this point I would prefer for reopening to not occur

Besides I like the way it's not as crowded as usual on the streets. Precious lil "people" keep their distance more often

The masks felt uncomfortable at first but getting used to it

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 10:58 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I'm looking forward to being able to go shopping again, as I don't use Amazon or any other online shopping.

We've been kind of boycotting Amazon lately.
I miss shopping, too...was always nice to just grab a snack or something on impulse, try new food, etc. But COVID has left me with walking difficulties, so...in that sense, I'm sort of not looking forward to it :|

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Over one year later, just miss the bathroom

Many public bathrooms locked up or ordered by government to be closed

I really dislike public restrooms, I don't like trying to go while other people are right next to me.
But I have a funny story.
Around this time, last year, the hospitals were still locked down pretty tight...only one visitor allowed at a time, so I stayed out in the car for a few hours while the GF went inside. Eventually, I had to pee really bad, and I went inside to ask if I could use their restrooms. "No way, José." The security guard told me there was a McDonald's a couple blocks away that I could try.
I'm alone, by myself, in a big, unfamiliar city...I'm not about to try to get myself lost. So I wandered around for a bit, trying to find somewhere secluded...eventually went back into the parking ramp, and found a nice, inconspicuous corner to pee in.

All those dreams where I'm running around the school trying to find a bathroom were preparing me for this moment.

Moral of the story: always bring an empty milk jug with you.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 11:25 am

I want to get the vaccine then get properly back to normal and go on adventures too.

I don't want to get the vaccine then have to wear a mask anyway.

How long will the whole stupid masking thing last?

I am fed up of looking like a duck. I am fed up of not being able to breathe. I am fed up of my glasses getting clogged up.

So I stay home.

But if I stay home all the time, I might as well have not moved out to a decent town from a rubbish one. The old house was bigger and it was a big ordeal coming here. I don't want to never again get on a train or go to my CSC or go to a book shop irl or a museum irl.

I want this staying home thing to be temporary til I get the vaccine then to be allowed to go back to normal with the only caveat being the 2 metre rule which should have been enforced anyway because of so many people bumping into me!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 11:52 am

Oh, to be able to sit in a public library without wearing a mask, and to only have to worry about the homeless people trying to steal my property and not the diseases they carry.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 1:00 am

My part of the world never closed down. Some started working from home but was not an option for me, hence I've been commuting every day throughout the entire pandemic.

10 years from now when people are sharing coronamemories, the most exciting thing I have to share is how inept our government was with its counter-measures.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 1:24 am

KT67 wrote:
But if I stay home all the time, I might as well have not moved out to a decent town from a rubbish one. The old house was bigger and it was a big ordeal coming here.

Yeah, I feel bad for all the people who recently moved to be closer to their jobs, only to end up switching to working from home, or losing their job altogether.

I do realize that I, myself, am in that camp...but eh. It's not the worst place I've ever lived. This city is pretty racist, but at least they have trash pickup.