What does your WP forum name mean?

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 8:51 pm

Mine has to do with a concept I had in mind when I joined the forum. It has often occurred to me that I could have been spared the intense loneliness that I feel, and the accompanying depression, had people in my life spent an occasional ten minutes with me, or even just taking seriously something I suggest.

If we have a shared interest and I recommend an eight minute youtube video, all you have to do to make me feel like I'm part of your life is watch the damned thing.

You spent all of Thursday evening with a shared acquaintance. You spent all of Friday evening with another shared acquaintance. Saturday I just asked how the latter went, and you told me you didn't have time to tell me about it. I'm not asking for a transcript. Can you at least see the disparity in the time you are willing to give the people in your life? Ya think I might not be flattered?

I picked you up from work in the middle of the night when your ride unexpectedly couldn't make it. Twice. Can you understand my irritation that you haven't found a few minutes to speak to a shared acquaintance on my behalf?

"I didn't have time," only works a few times before I conclude you couldn't care less about me, no matter what else you say to the contrary.

That's what TenMinutes means. Ten Minutes isn't too much to ask, if you insist we are friends. I would give you ten minutes right now, almost regardless what I'm doing, if you ask. I'd do that for a complete stranger, if they need it. But nobody will do that for me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 9:29 pm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 9:35 pm

I have high hopes of traveling to London one day and I'm also a rebel.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 9:37 pm

Nothing. :twisted:

Just pure egoism.
Yes, even the numbers.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 9:41 pm

My forum name is related to the main character from The Legend of Zelda. I couldn't think of another name to use and I like those games. lol

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 9:44 pm

She's a character from Wuthering Heights who gets deceived, held hostage, and abused by a psycho. She kicks ass and escapes to become a single mother.

Pretty much sums it up.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 10:26 pm

My name doesn't mean anything. I just wanted something anonymous, so I chose the title of a song I really like.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 1:49 am

TenMinutes wrote:
Mine has to do with a concept I had in mind when I joined the forum. It has often occurred to me that I could have been spared the intense loneliness that I feel, and the accompanying depression, had people in my life spent an occasional ten minutes with me, or even just taking seriously something I suggest.

If we have a shared interest and I recommend an eight minute youtube video, all you have to do to make me feel like I'm part of your life is watch the damned thing.

You spent all of Thursday evening with a shared acquaintance. You spent all of Friday evening with another shared acquaintance. Saturday I just asked how the latter went, and you told me you didn't have time to tell me about it. I'm not asking for a transcript. Can you at least see the disparity in the time you are willing to give the people in your life? Ya think I might not be flattered?

I picked you up from work in the middle of the night when your ride unexpectedly couldn't make it. Twice. Can you understand my irritation that you haven't found a few minutes to speak to a shared acquaintance on my behalf?

"I didn't have time," only works a few times before I conclude you couldn't care less about me, no matter what else you say to the contrary.

That's what TenMinutes means. Ten Minutes isn't too much to ask, if you insist we are friends. I would give you ten minutes right now, almost regardless what I'm doing, if you ask. I'd do that for a complete stranger, if they need it. But nobody will do that for me.

Well it means that I am from Texas and I am very proud of Texas and I am a Texas man and also that i am very interested in money and how it works and all sorts of things concerning the concept of a medium of exchange.Its also a reference to the history of my homeland.Also i got the idea from money man from a financial podcast from a financial advisor but I changed the wording of it.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:04 am

I wanted something pretty and "North wind" was already taken, so I just tried to come up with something similiar... you know, something nature related.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:17 am

Mine is explained in my signature.

Had to have a comedy user name!

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:38 am

Max Eisenhardt, one of the 2 names by which Magneto is known when in mufti. Magneto was taken. Also has some family significance.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

12 Apr 2021, 5:38 am

Mine's just the title of a song I like by a band called Eater. The name seemed appropriate for an autism forum too.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 6:02 am

I'm a dad and I happen to be online...(sorry it's pretty lazy)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 8:24 am

"Fnord" means any or all of the following...

• Fnord appears in the Church of the SubGenius recruitment film "Arise!".

• Fnord has been used in newsgroup and hacker culture to indicate irony, humor, or surrealism.

• Fnord invented the green hubcap.

• Fnord is a little puff-like cloud you see at precisely 5:07pm.

• Fnord is a venetian blind without the slats.

• Fnord is an arcade game like Pacman without the little dots.

• Fnord is place where those socks vanish off to in the laundry.

• Fnord is sometimes used as a metasyntactic variable in programming.

• Fnord is that funny feeling you get when you reach for the Snickers bar and come back holding a Slurpee.

• Fnord is the blue stripes in the road that never get painted.

• Fnord is the bucket where they keep the unused serifs for Helvetica.

• Fnord is the color only blind people can see.

• Fnord is the empty pages at the end of the book.

• Fnord is the founding father of the phrase "founding father".

• Fnord is the last bit of sand you can't get out of your shoe.

• Fnord is the lint in the navel of the mites that eat the lint in the navel of the mites that eat the lint in Fnord's navel.

• Fnord is the redundant coin slot on arcade games.

• Fnord is the smallest number greater than zero.

• Fnord is the space in between the pixels on your screen.

• Fnord is the the four-leaf clover with a missing leaf.

• Fnord is toast without bread.

• Fnord is why doctors ask you to cough.

• Fnord keeps a spare eyebrow in his pocket.

• Fnord lives in the empty space above a decimal point.

• Fnord uses two bathtubs at once.

... or not.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 8:36 am

I like dragons and I get lost easily. :lol:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 9:00 am

Mine is a result of poor planning. :oops:

I went in to register for WP with a different name in mind...but it was taken! I had not prepared a "Plan B"! I improvised...and that was taken, too! I hurriedly tried other names until "Double Retired" worked; it is a nod to having two former employers who now consider me to be one of their retirees.

All of the names were on the theme of retirement. I am so much happier now that I am retired! I shed a lot of stress when I did that. Getting to two retirements added stress. I am so much happier now!

Dear, if you are reading this, marrying you also made me much happier. But retiring twice is less common than being married so I focused on that.