Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

magicrabbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Apr 2021, 7:27 am

I've introduced myself before but didn't get as many responses in my quest to make new friends as I would have liked. So I will try one more time. My name is Emily, I am a 34 year old female from Saint Paul, MN. I was diagnosed with autism when I was 24 and I currently see a therapist from the autism society. I have worked really hard on my social skills over the years but they are still not quite where I want them to be. I love books, movies, painting, going for walks, and animals, especially my three cats. I live alone in a one bedroom apartment and go to school and work part-time as a student worker. I am studying health information technology and my current class is very boring. I know many people join this site in an effort to alleviate loneliness so if that's you, don't hesitate to pm me. I want to meet new people and make new friends. I know some people don't like to pm right away, but I am only suggesting it because replying to replies to my post can be confusing whereas individual conversations are easier for me to keep track of and remember who I'm talking to and what they've said before. But I will respond to any replies, whether they are PM's or not. Thanks!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 9:39 am

I'm not much fun to chat with but I can welcome you to WP!

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 1:28 pm

Welcome!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 2:16 pm

Hello and welcome...

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 4:11 pm

magicrabbit wrote:
I've introduced myself before but didn't get as many responses in my quest to make new friends as I would have liked. So I will try one more time. My name is Emily, I am a 34 year old female from Saint Paul, MN. I was diagnosed with autism when I was 24 and I currently see a therapist from the autism society. I have worked really hard on my social skills over the years but they are still not quite where I want them to be. I love books, movies, painting, going for walks, and animals, especially my three cats. I live alone in a one bedroom apartment and go to school and work part-time as a student worker. I am studying health information technology and my current class is very boring. I know many people join this site in an effort to alleviate loneliness so if that's you, don't hesitate to pm me. I want to meet new people and make new friends. I know some people don't like to pm right away, but I am only suggesting it because replying to replies to my post can be confusing whereas individual conversations are easier for me to keep track of and remember who I'm talking to and what they've said before. But I will respond to any replies, whether they are PM's or not. Thanks!

welcome to Wrong Planet

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 4:07 am

Welcome

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2021, 11:29 am

Welcome :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:32 pm

Welcome to WPea! :mrgreen:

Jewel Robbins
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2021, 11:34 am

Hi. My name is Jewel & I am a 43 year old Autistic woman. I am very happily married a wonderful Asperger's syndrome man. I thought I would write to you since it looks like we have some things in common. I also like reading & watching movies & I love cats even right now I afford to own a pet. I am an artist as well but a starving one I'm afraid. I draw pictures just because I like to, not as a career. I have a lot of trouble with socializing because of my disability. When I go to social events mot people shun me & avoid me. I am hoping to find some acceptance on this website.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2021, 4:40 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet feel free to have coffee and donuts in the dining room free of charge. Okay, just being silly; anyways, I hope you will enjoy your time here Emily.