Mass shooting at Knoxville, Tennessee High School

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 4:10 pm

Police Report Multiple Victims in Tennessee School Shooting

Quote:
Multiple people including a police officer were shot Monday at a high school in the east Tennessee city of Knoxville, authorities said, adding that the scene had been secured.

There was no immediate report on the exact number of people shot or the extent of the victims' injuries.

The school was the subject of media reports in February after three students were shot to death over a three-week span. Those earlier shootings did not take place in the school, and administrators at the time said students felt the arts magnet school was a safe space, according to a story in the Knoxville News Sentinel.

Bob Thomas, the superintendent of Knox County Schools, tweeted later Monday that a shooting had occurred but the building had been secured.

“The school building has been secured and students who were not involved in the incident have been released to their families," Thomas said. He added in a separate tweet that authorities were gathering information and about “this tragic situation" and that additional information would be provided later.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 12 Apr 2021, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 4:17 pm

nooooo

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 4:29 pm

Dear Jesus, not again!

Link to CNN Articles 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
Dear Jesus, not again!

Link to CNN Articles 

Quote:
[Breaking news update at 5:51 p.m. ET]
One person has died and a police officer was injured after a shooting at a high school on Monday in Knoxville, Tennessee, police said. The person was pronounced dead at the scene.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:04 pm

The saddest part is that on some level this indicates things are going back to normal.

On the other hand, the larger the cohort that has to grow up with this seeming normal, the bigger the backlash once they finally outnumber the gun cultists. If nothing is done for long enough I wouldn't even be surprised if the eventual approach is a constitutional amendment that nullifies 2A arguments.

And if the reaction to that includes threats of violence they'll only reinforce for most people that they're not able to be trusted with weapons.

It's just a shame to realize how much easier this could be addressed if it weren't for the gun cult holding everyone else hostage.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:31 pm

as long as the means of production are in private or commercial hands, so too will be the guns.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 7:45 pm

auntblabby wrote:
as long as the means of production are in private or commercial hands, so too will be the guns.

And those are bad things?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 7:48 pm

you want to put words in my mouth when i just stated the obvious [gun control here in this determinedly bloody-minded nation of truculent sheep is probably futile]. but i still want our lawmakers to DO SOMETHING and not just sit there like mouse turds.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 8:52 pm

It’s because to the MAGA/Qanon people, it’s about fighting the “big gubmint”, and making sure whites win the “race war”.

Or because they think having their guns taken away is tantamount to having their genitals chopped off.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 12 Apr 2021, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 8:54 pm

auntblabby wrote:
you want to put words in my mouth when i just stated the obvious [gun control here in this determinedly bloody-minded nation of truculent sheep is probably futile]. but i still want our lawmakers to DO SOMETHING and not just sit there like mouse turds.

Nah. I was just stating the obvious that many people believe that the means of production and guns both rightly belong in private hands.