Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 5:30 am

Is it just me or is it generally noisy? Like people are often speeding in there vehicles,talking loud, children not playing or making general sounds but instead screaming like they’re being murdered.

People play music loud and more places are of flats being built or houses that are joined so anyone can be anti social same goes if you’ve got shared parking

People are generally aggressive too as well as loud

People don’t respect certain times for DIY work either

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 5:38 am

100% not just you.

If I could escape this country I would!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 5:44 am

Firstly, that is what happens when people live in pkaces right next to other people. They do not have times of hearing "Nothing" so they do not appreciate what quiet is.

Secondly, I can't see why people want to live next to each other unless they have no choice. There are thousands of people living in towns and cities next to each other.

Having said that, I have seen an amazing design of new houses in a relitively small area which is amazing in that it all gives people the feel of something interesting and private and yet it is in a very small area. It is designed in such a way that not only does it have a nice feel, but sounds do not carry, so unless one sees a house with a TV or light shining, or someone walks past, one would think that no one lives there. It is amazing.

But I still would prefer to live in a relitively secluded area. There are many such places where one only has a few miles to go to reach a bus stop or a road that gets one out towards a small shop. They maybe a bit difficult for elderly to live in because walking to the nearest bus stop to do ones shopping may not be ideal, but they are nice places to live in.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 12:17 pm

It is very, very noisy. I have noticed in particular that a few of my neighbour's drive off super loud, even at around 6 in the morning. That is especially annoying and disrespectful.

The kids around us also all seem to do nothing but scream when they play outside. I don't mind kids being loud, but it confuses me since if people my age screamed like we were dying as kids we'd be told to be quiet or go inside by our parents or other adults. I don't think people pay attention to their kids playing outside anymore.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 1:22 pm

It is interesting when my downstairs neighbor who even the Police agree has been excessively noisy goes out and herself yells at the children for their screeching and squealing and screaming and their stomping up and down the steps.
She definitely has a point about the steps, they are attached to the wall of her kitchen and dining area and the wall acts as a sounding board.
Even my corresponding wall, which is above the steps, vibrates from that.

Now, granted, I'm almost 60 and have never had children; that such a majority of current children have such a compulsion to scream and screech so frequently is a mystery to me.
I have almost no memory of kids including and around me doing likewise when I was their ages.
Has something changed? What is it?

Edit: just remembered when in the 1970s a neighbor lady said my brother and I were the most quietly violent kids she'd ever known. It looked like she considered playing army to be a much more violent thing than playing NFL style football.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 3:53 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Is it just me or is it generally noisy? Like people are often speeding in there vehicles,talking loud, children not playing or making general sounds but instead screaming like they’re being murdered.

People play music loud and more places are of flats being built or houses that are joined so anyone can be anti social same goes if you’ve got shared parking

People are generally aggressive too as well as loud

People don’t respect certain times for DIY work either

You aren’t alone. Public and even private life is very noisy and it seems to get worse all the time. I especially don’t like it when people speed and kids scream and shout.

I hear cars blasting music so loud to the point it shakes windows and the people who do it have bad hearing so they don’t know the volume on their voices.

Why aren’t people respecting your work? That’s mean of them!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 6:05 pm

too GD many peoples living too GD close together.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 6:57 am

Thank you Marknis

Like you,i too feel the vibration from loud music too.

(edit)
It's very rare to have peace, to hear only birds twittering away.

Last edited by sorrowfairiewhisper on 14 Apr 2021, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 7:03 am

kitesandtrainsandcats

Thank you for sharing, buildings should be made more sound proof.I wish more properties that are detached and have there own parking are built again. Rather then apartments or flats being built. Times have change and people are generally more rude and even aggressive. I wish i was exaggerating but it's true that people will have punch ups over parking. People are generally more selfish too. Yes kids don't just generally talk or giggle and play, they do scream high murder, shout. It baffles me that the parents can cope with that. Surprised they don't lose there voice from the high pitched blood curling scream.

When it comes to environmental health, you can record noise, document it in a diary and they do nothing.

Agree AuntBlabby about too many people living too close together.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2021, 7:20 am

Move to the countryside to the middle of nowhere there is a vast difference.

I live on a new housing estate so they are still building 7 years on and in the 11th biggest city in the UK. I have a fire station one side of me and police the other so sirens do go off, land for firework displays and soon an arena for concerts within walking distance. So there is tons of noise and honestly I'm use to it.

That said my parents live in the middle of no where. It's touristy due to being at the bottom of a mountain but besides the sheep and other wildlife it's mainly quiet. Even their closest city is one of the smallest in the UK so when I visit it's literally not like where I live.

Also some of those kids might be on the spectrum. When my eldest at 11 was having a full blown meltdown as I refused to buy him sweets and cookies, yes what an evil mum I am worrying about my kids health, the glares I got. Some literally can't help but screech. My daughter only does so when she's dying in computer games, so she's generally viewed as angelic. Not saying all will have disabilities as some are just little s**ts in the playground at pick up.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 7:28 am

AmyKitten

Thank you for sharing. I understand it's a convenience having everything close by, especially from walking distance.
It's a double edge sword but for anyone that lives on the sticks, they're very lucky, especially considering more places are being built up even countrysides. That's good that you're used to the hustle and bustle of everyday life, that's another thing i'd like to rant about, when it's like guy forks, new year, people around here wouldn't just use fireworks for the night, they'll set them off for days on end, so you'll have the noise, it frightens pets and the smoky atmosphere.
If it's organised, a one off and the location isn't near peoples houses then that's slightly different.

Sounds beautiful the place where your parents live.

You sound like a good mum, sweets and fizzy drinks can have an impact on behaviour too and giving someone a treat, even if they have a meltdown might seem like a bribe to keep them quiet and a reward.
Still unlike kids that are generally misbehaved, those on the spectrum can't help it.

Thank you for sharing.