‘Pause’ in J&J vaccine boon to conspiracy theorists

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 10:19 am

The ‘pause’ in distribution of Johnson and Johnson vaccines after six people who took the shot had blood clot issues is a boon to conspiracy theorists in both political tribes.

How this will be interpreted by the anti-mask/lockdown people is obvious. A handful of blood clots would have happened sans vaccine. The government is creating a false panic to keep us caged and and get us even more used to sloth and being sheepie. Big pharma intentionally let a few bad vaccines into the wild so the government will pay them for the “fix”.

Surprisingly the “woke” conspiracy theories have not flourished. I am surprised the nobody has “connected the dots” and posit that this is all about systematic racism because Johnson and Johnson which has significantly lower efficacy rates is distributed to a large extent in minority and lower class areas. A collapse in confidence in vaccines in a population already suspicious of vaccines due to mistreatment past and present is a great way to keep people of color down and surreptitiously kill them.

A New York City councilmen worries about a overall collapse in confidence in vaccines. Many “believe the science” people have been panicked since the vaccines first rolled outnthat the the Trumpian/Q’Anon anti vaxxers will leave us with a forever pandemic. Herd immunity won’t be reached the virus will mutate we are f****d. Yet there is little evidence outside of some spring breakers and youtube videos of anti maskers refusing store requests to abide by rules and bullying mask wearers of widespread resistance. The “silent majority” seems to be getting vaccinated as fast as they can. Polls have reported the percentage of people saying they won’t get vaccinated consistently dropping.This has confounded the “patriots” who were predicting a year ago that Americans would never wear masks and in the year since have bern constantly predicting that the populace is going to get fed up and give up.

What both sides underestimate is the powerful pull of germaphobia.

This is not the final verdict. We will truly not know until there are enough vaccines and they are easily available to all.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 13 Apr 2021, 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Apr 2021, 10:29 am

Both J&J and A-Z are adenovirus viral vector vaccines, designed to be cheaper and easier to distribute than RNA vaccines (Pfitzer, Moderna).
Both show extremely rare (of the order 1-10 per million) dangerous side effect of unusual blood clots.
The thing is worth further investigation and systematic adressing - now that we know, healthcare can quickly identify the clots and treat them early - but it's worth pointing out that chances for dying from Covid are 100-1000 times higher than chances of having these effects.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 10:41 am

As of today, according to VAERS (The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) there have been 3,639 reported deaths potentially linked to a COVID vaccination.

This is United States data only.

https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

Be the hero of your life.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Apr 2021, 11:40 am

The link doesn't work for me but

Quote:
VAERS accepts reports of adverse events and reactions that occur following vaccination. Healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, and the public can submit reports to the system. While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.
https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 11:43 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
As of today, according to VAERS (The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) there have been 3,639 reported deaths potentially linked to a COVID vaccination...
The key word is "potentially", which means "not yet proven" in this context.

As for the 3,639 reported deaths; how many total vaccine doses have been administered?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 11:47 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The ‘pause’ in distribution of Johnson and Johnson vaccines after six people who took the shot had blood clot issues is a boon to conspiracy theorists in both political tribes...
How many of these were women, and how many of those women were on "The Pill"?

Certain medications that already carry a risk of blood clots (such as birth-control pills) may have that risk magnified when other medicines are introduced.  This is known by medical professionals as "Synergy".

I still trust medical professionals more than conspiracy theorists (whom I do not trust at all).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 11:54 am

Just in case anybody is confused those conspiracy theories I listed in the OP are defiantly not mine.

What is mine is that I was one of those that I expected a much larger amount of refusnicks then has apparently occurred so far.

The “forever pandemic” is a reference to “forever wars” a phrase popularized by former presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard in reference to belief that the “war on terror” is an over response to 9/11 designed to help war profiteers and convince the American public to accept unconstitutional invasions of privacy. Like the anti lockdown conspiracy theories use fear to turn America compliant.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 13 Apr 2021, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Apr 2021, 11:55 am

Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
The ‘pause’ in distribution of Johnson and Johnson vaccines after six people who took the shot had blood clot issues is a boon to conspiracy theorists in both political tribes...
How many of these were women, and how many of those women were on "The Pill"?

Certain medications that already carry a risk of blood clots (such as birth-control pills) may have that risk magnified when other medicines are introduced.  This is known by medical professionals as "Synergy".

I still trust medical professionals more than conspiracy theorists (whom I do not trust at all).

Interesting - I read the A-Z blood clots happened mainly to younger women but I didn't think of the pill.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 12:02 pm

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
How many of these were women, and how many of those women were on "The Pill"?  Certain medications that already carry a risk of blood clots (such as birth-control pills) may have that risk magnified when other medicines are introduced.  This is known by medical professionals as "Synergy".  I still trust medical professionals more than conspiracy theorists (whom I do not trust at all).
Interesting - I read the A-Z blood clots happened mainly to younger women but I didn't think of the pill.
According to This CNN Article:

"All six cases occurred among women between the ages of 18 and 48, and symptoms occurred 6 to 13 days after vaccination..."

What other reason might there be for blood clots to occur only in six women of child-bearing age?

I am serious ... if a real medical professional could answer this, it would help resolve this issue.

Last edited by Fnord on 13 Apr 2021, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Apr 2021, 12:06 pm

Hormones.
In particular, menstruation significantly affects how blood behaves.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 12:08 pm

magz wrote:
Hormones.  In particular, menstruation significantly affects how blood behaves.
So maybe women of child-bearing age -- especially those on The Pill -- would be better off with a different vaccine ... ?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Apr 2021, 12:11 pm

Some countries are working on such recommendations.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 12:31 pm

While only 6 cases out of a whopping 7,000,000 injections correlates poorly, and does not begin to imply a causal connection, the fact that the members of the medical/scientific community -- and not the rabble of conspiracy theorists -- is showing commendable responsibility out of an abundance of caution in suspending J&J vaccinations until this issue is resolved.

By the way: (6 / 7,000,000) x 100 = 0.0000857 percent.