Handling conversations properly

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

How is your handling of a conversation with your gf/bf?
Perfect 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Great 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Okay 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
Not so good 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Terrible 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Noam1515
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2021, 9:03 pm

Well, for me, it has been much easier these days to handle a conversation with other woman than it has been in the past. Ive been able to learn many social skills and techniques, and its basically easier now for sure. But, there are still some difficult moments and situations.
First of all, I never tell her I have Aspergers because whenever a woman hears about any type or kind of disability, it immediately turns her off and she might even end the relationship right there on the spot, the moment she heard it. I dont know why its like that with women here in Israel, but most women here are like that. They just fail to respect these things, they have little or almost no sympathy / empathy towards disabilities and they dont even think about possibly giving a chance to someone who has that.
I dont show notable signs of disability, but at the same time, I struggle to handle a conversation with a woman / girlfriend sometimes. Most difficult moments include when we need to talk about something interesting, and I dont always find something interesting to talk about, and that causes the conversation to become boring.
This happens mostly when nothing much had happened between us for a while. However, I have another problem and that is, when I want to talk to her on the phone I have no idea when is the right time to call or text her, and which one would be a better choice.
Sometimes, I called her and she didnt answer or she answered with a "sorry I'm busy", and ended the phone call.
This feeling when she says she's busy when she is not, is a pretty bad feeling to be honest. Especially, when she said she was busy multiple times in different hours of the day. How could she have been so busy all day and with no time to talk or get back with me? To me, it sounded like she is dating someone else or simply trying to avoid a conversation with me.
So, there are many frustrating moments, and situations, but those I mentioned are the worst.
Other than that, I admit I need to learn better conversation skills and handling better with women, especially on the phone. Face to face, I know how to handle it better because I know exactly what she's doing and we've arranged a date.
What about you all?
If anyone has something interesting to share / say about these issues, please do so. Thank you.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 5:32 pm

I don't usually call the person unless it's a bit of an emergency that needs immediate attention (like if we're about to meet in person but I crash my car on the way there, or something).

Texting is usually somewhat safe I think, since it is less invasive (they can reply whenever they get a chance. As opposed to a ringing phone, which must be answered or ignored).

I prefer physical interaction, as texting and phoning can get tiring and confusing easily, for extensive interactions

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Apr 2021, 3:52 am

I'm usually a quiet person & I tend to s#ck at conversation in general, especially verbally with women. They tend to misinterpret things I say & people tend to misread my body language, tone of voice, & facial expressions. I also do not know what to say a lot of the time. By the time I process what to say about something, the conversation had changed a while ago. However conversation with my current girlfriend is a lot different but she is NOT a typical woman. She tends to ramble & can talk almost non-stop sometimes & I can barley say anything sometimes before she starts talking again. She sometimes asks me to do something in a little bit & then spends the next hour talking to me & then suddenly comments on me not doing what she had wanted & then I point out that I didn't have a chance with her talking to me & then we laugh. Normally when I do talk she doesn't misread & does not get annoyed with me like most others would. However sometimes when she's upset about something, she gets annoyed with me for the way I respond or don't respond. She'll get mad if I don't respond but if I say something like OK she will yell that it's not OK & she'll also get upset if I say things like Yeah or Uh-huh or whatever I can quickly think to say. Asking questions & giving input also upsets her those times. I've come to realize that she is upset & misdirecting her anger & frustration at me & nothing I could say to her or not say to her at the time would have avoided her from taking it out on me. I just let it go & when it's out of her system she's fine with me. Other times we just hang out & neither of us really says much & we're both fine with that.
I'm not really sure how to vote in this thread since it's variable with her but I went with Okay.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition