People living with autism to share experiences on panel

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 4:16 am

https://www.redlakenationnews.com/story/2021/04/14/events/people-living-with-autism-to-share-experiences-on-panel/97328.html

Quote:
Moving from basic awareness to understanding and acceptance of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is the central theme of Autism Acceptance Month in April. In keeping with that theme, the Minnesota Department of Human Services invites people with ASD − as well as their friends, families and advocates − to attend a virtual panel discussion where adults on the autism spectrum will share stories about their lived experiences and answer questions.

The panel discussion is free and will take place Tuesday, April 27, from 10 to 11 a.m. The panelists will discuss:

• Experiences growing up.

• Autism acceptance.

• Neurodiversity.

• Advocating effectively.

• Resources and recommendations.

More information and a link to the event are available on the DHS website.

Anyone who wants to learn more about ASD services and supports should visit the Minnesota Autism Resource Portal. A collaborative effort by multiple state agencies, it provides information on housing, education, early intervention, health care, home and community-based services, employment and more.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman