Texification: The root of my struggles?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 6:55 pm

I'm married to a (North) Texas gal so I know all gals in/from Texas don't fit the description you give.

However, my bride's parents were both immigrants to Texas...her Dad was from the mid-west and her Mom was from Europe. I think this may have moderated her Texification, but there's still quite a bit of it there--she is still a PROUD TEXAN. My bride is not what I am used to (I'm from the Northeast U.S.). She lives life large.  (Q: What do you call a group of Texans? A: LOUD!)

While you're still planning how to emigrate from Texas maybe look around for gals that aren't 100% Texan. They might find you a pleasant change from the 100% Texan guys!

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 11:25 am

Sometimes I get surprising moments when I check out items to people at the library. I once checked out one of the Ice and Fire novels to a redneck and an elderly Tejano man wanted country music CDs.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2021, 3:04 pm

This works both ways though. If most of the guys in your town are rednecks, then that will make you more special to portion of women who are not looking for that.

I dated a woman from a rural town who told me exactly that. Many of the guys in her town are ungroomed, slobs, uneducated, boring to talk to, etc, and she said I stood out.

You may be going for a niche, but you don't have to please everyone. Just the right person.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 4:04 pm

Minervx_2 wrote:
This works both ways though. If most of the guys in your town are rednecks, then that will make you more special to portion of women who are not looking for that.

I dated a woman from a rural town who told me exactly that. Many of the guys in her town are ungroomed, slobs, uneducated, boring to talk to, etc, and she said I stood out.

You may be going for a niche, but you don't have to please everyone. Just the right person.

I actually don’t live in a rural town. I live in a city. It’s just a very Walmart and McDonald’s type one, not one with counterculture like Austin, San Antonio, and even Dallas and Fort Worth as well as Houston.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2021, 6:59 pm

Whether it's urban or rural, the same point applies.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 7:44 pm

I have no hope for the future and don’t want to live anymore. :cry:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 7:58 pm

As a fellow Texan, I can attest to this.

In the case of Houston, there is a huge divide politically. The inner city is liberal-to-progressive, but the suburbs (especially in Montgomery County, just north of us) are full of MAGA/QAnon people. I heard about 10% of the people who stormed the Capitol on 1/6 were from the Houston area.

Just be glad you're not in Wichita Falls or the Panhandle, or Midland.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 19 Apr 2021, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 8:00 pm

Tex didn't mean that he feels you should give up. He meant that he can attest to what's going on in Texas.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 10:49 pm

It doesn’t matter anyway. The doors closed on me before I even got to look inside the rooms.