15 Apr 2021, 11:25 pm

Has it worked for you or helped you?

If so in what ways?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 11:32 pm

Is there a gym for this? Where would I sign up? :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2021, 5:18 pm

Not really. A lot of life coaching and social skill training, all that crap. Waste of money, and you're being coached and skilled, by people way more privileged that you are, physically, mentally, socially. You have to pay this person, or this organization, more and more money, the longer they work with you, and you're not going to just see this person for a couple weeks or a month, no no, this is a big commitment, because you can't guide a person that fast, and of course they want to keep you as a client, or they don't get paid etc., and that's just for their services.

That's not including them asking you to buy certain clothes, do certain things to your body appearance and cosmetic wise, gym and fitness programs, going to events, functions, and mixers, that you have to fund yourself etc.

In the end, they are only conforming you to their agenda, and how they want you to behave.

I do suggest maybe seeking out a family friend, or mentor or social groups perhaps, to where I feel it's more relatable, than social skill training or life coach training etc.

So yeah, in a nutshell, I don't think so.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 5:42 am

What kind of social skills are we talking about? That's a broad question

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 9:12 pm

Be sure to get a course written for your own gender. People can't help reacting differently to men and women saying the same things.