Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 5:24 am

I find it annoying to wear a mask as it is, restrictive and your face sweats, breathing in the fibres of some masks makes me cough

Also I miss not wearing moisturising lipsticks so much due to it being transferred on the mask. Especially breathing in air properly too

My concealer from my cheek upwards smudges.

Miss the air on my my whole face too

Edit
Anyone else find it a pain ? Has it affected the way you wear make up or how it’s affected your skin?

StickBugette
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2021, 7:50 am

Hi there!

So I love make-up. I think of it as my armor and I feel a lot less anxiety with it on my face. I suppose a mask is actually more like real armor, but a mask messes with my make-up and that bothers me!

So this is what I have found. I use Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation. It seems to stay on my face and not get on the mask. It also absorbs sweat so my mask and face are less sweaty. For lipstick, it's more difficult as I find the lipsticks that don't transfer at all to be too drying. I have settled on Kosas weightless lipstick. It is very moisturizing and it transfers the least of lipsticks that are still moisturizing. I blot it with a tissue after applying to reduce transfer.

Hope this helps.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 3:13 am

Hi StickBugette

Thank you for sharing! the most important thing is to feel confident in one self! it's great that you've managed to find a foundation that doesn't smudge and can be worn underneath the mask.

To let my skin breathe, i have days where i don't wear makeup and sometimes use a face mask at night, prefer the clay ones to the peel off ones btw but others, light concealer and powder during the day for the base.

It's great that you've found products that works. I've heard of that brand but never tried it but seen the Charlotte Tilbury advertised on tv. Apart from makeup i have which is against animal testing, in the future i want to get more natural based ingredients too if only they weren't so costly lol.

True with lipsticks they can be drying or easily bleed into the lines so finding a good one is a must! also since wearing a mask, thing our lips get dehydrated so wearing lip balms more essential than ever. Never heard of kosas will look it up

thank you for your response

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 3:28 am

I don't really wear make up other than when going to parties or such, but I can imagine how troublesome it can be since I do wear moisturizing lip palm on daily basis and even that sometimes leaves marks in the masks... but well, at least it doesn't show if it gets messed up since it's just on the lips.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 7:31 am

Thank you for sharing! You’ll probably doing your skin much better by only wearing it for special occasions.They do tinted lip balms if you wanted an alternative to lipstick.

StickBugette
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2021, 9:30 am

I really like Burt's Bees cosmetics if you are looking for something natural and not too expensive. Unfortunately, their lipstick comes right off on the mask (or your coffee mug, or anything), and their foundation shade choices don't match my skin tone. But I'm hard to match -- you might find something that works for you.

One reason I like Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Foundation is that it includes SPF sun protection, so I save money that way by applying less sunscreen.

AngelaDEF
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2021, 1:58 pm

I have a rash on my skin from the mask. This is very terrible, as I try to change it every 2 hours. I don't understand how this can be prevented.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 2:17 pm

I always wore lipstick but now I can't with a mask because for one thing nobody can see my lips and another thing is the lipstick gets all over the mask.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 9:42 am

Does the mask affect peoples skin?

Thank you for the suggestings, even with face powder on it doesn't prevent the make up transferring onto the mask unfortunately so it's best to go without.

I've hurt of burts bees and even sky tinted lip balm with SPF and natural ingredients.

I'm sorry to hear that AngelaDEF, have you tried a different type of mask? maybe it's the type of fabric that causes the allergy?

Thank you stickbugette. foundations are hard for me to get as i'm very pale and depending on the brands, some that are porcelain or ivory tend to still be a bit dark on me so i'd had to blend it quite a bit.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2021, 3:43 pm

I mostly wear eye makeup now since I really only wear lipstick for Zoom meetings. I've been fully vaccinated, but still wear masks and social distance in public because it's still recommended at this point. I like the pleated disposable kind as they're easier to breathe in than those KN95 styles. Mostly I wear cloth masks as they're more comfortable and can easily be washed after wearing. I use the type of detergent that doesn't have scents or other things that can irritate skin, so washing masks with my regular laundry is fine, and I just let them dry naturally as they could shrink in the dryer. I have a mesh bag that I wash masks in, and it does a good job.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 12:39 pm

I hope you're ok after the vaccinations adoylelb90815

Thank you for sharing! i discovered zoom too during lockdown, i remember the days when people used to use skype.Zoom seems to be all the range

Anyway that's a good point about wearing eye makeup, or if it's sunny out just wear sunglasses. I too sometimes wear eye makeup. Thank you for sharing about the use of detergent that doesn't have a scent and letting them dry naturally. I don't know about anyone else but alot of masks seem to irritate my throat and i cough from breathing in the fibres . Some are more breathable than others. Studies have shown that they're not hundred percent effective from the virus and even if you wear them, you can still breath in things like pollution too. Still if it helps minimise some spread to some extent than it's better than nothing.