Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 7:09 pm

What I've been noticing, especially on FB, is very innocent things setting off big arguments... Sometimes I just say something totally innocent, and someone who disagrees with my opinion tries to forcefully oppose theirs on me and if I say I'm not interested and they just continue... I said I'm not Christian anymore... So that yesterday triggered people of that faith to ram it down my throat and threaten me with Hell... I say innocently I'm getting a covid vaccine and today I get horribly attacked by antiVaxxers... And they wouldn't stop...
But on the flip side of the coin, others have censored me, usually on the Left, who feel like what I said "might offend someone" I mean it really doesn't take much to evoke this reaction also... Someone went as far as criticizing me for assuming someone's gender!

I mean both sides have gotten so extreme lately, no wonder the politics of today are so messed up!! !

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 7:25 pm

While you're right that people, particularly on social media, have become extremely irritated for a few years now, your position is not necessarily "the center", but merely one of refusing to debate your utterance with whoever takes offence.
That's fine, too, but just because people on both ends of the political spectrum take offense in some things you say - and not necessarily the same things, doesn't mean the thing you said is "center".
And at the same time: center just means no extreme deviation from the status quo. So, drone striking wedding ceremonies in middle eastern countries is currently a centrist thing to do - Democrats and Republicans can agree on it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 7:57 pm

These people on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc., don't know you.

They're attacking you not because you deserve to be attacked----but because they just feel like attacking ANYBODY. They have nothing better to do. These people should just get off the Internet and read a book or something.