Michigan Parents Stage Protest to Let Their Kids Go Maskless

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 7:58 pm

Daily Beast

Quote:
Michigan is trying to get to grips with the worst surge of new COVID-19 cases in the nation—but some parents seem to think the top priority should be letting their kids head into school without wearing masks. According to Michigan Live, dozens of maskless moms and dads turned up to a school board meeting at Hudsonville High School on Thursday to demand that rules requiring kids to wear masks at school be revoked. Due to capacity limits, most of the parents couldn’t get into the meeting, which made them even more angry. Video showed some of them banging on the doors to the meeting room and spreading their aerosols by chanting: “Let us in! Let us in!” Eventually, the parents were asked by security to leave

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 7:59 pm

Michigan had almost 10,000 new cases of COVID today.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 8:32 pm

I hope those parents are willing to pay medical expenses for anyone who gets sick from Covid.

I'd tell them to put their money and their liberty where their mouth is.

How dare they risk public health?

I'm surprised their schools are even open in the first place.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 10:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Michigan had almost 10,000 new cases of COVID today.

Yep, we're getting really close to beating the record. The last time we spiked this high, it was because former guy had a superspreader event here (or more than one?), and then a couple weeks later, told everyone not to fear COVID.

Not sure what's causing the spike this time, probably a combination of things...between the mutations hitting here, and Spring Break, and just people tired of everything in general...

Also, this is purely speculation, but I wonder if people are getting the vaccine, thinking that the very first shot makes you completely immune in a matter of minutes. But I would imagine that's something they warn you about when you get the vaccine??

Hmm, I'm actually not sure what our numbers are right now...the two sites I usually use, one site, the graph is totally broken (I think it's only showing total cases per WEEK?), and the other site, the graph got updated and now only shows the 7-day average, no options to change to other views.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 9:02 am

“But, muh freedums!”

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 10:12 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
“But, muh freedums!”

Oh yeah, plenty of those people here.

We just recently had a lady who got her restaurant license taken away for constant violations, she said "If they want me to shut down my restaurant, they're going to have to arrest me."

...so they arrested her :roll:

She hired some guy who wasn't a lawyer to represent her, and then he got arrested, I think for "contempt of court".

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 6:38 am

People will suffer and some will die because of their ignorance and unreasonableness.
Their ignorant demands strongly suggest that they HAVE BEEN allowing their children to be maskless in group/crowd situations.
I do not understand wanting your kids out of your sight at all, considering.