Do you remember the FIRST movie you ever saw in a theatre?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 8:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I went to quite a few movies alone when I was 11-12.

The closest I've ever come to watching a movie by myself, was when we went to the drive-in once, and for the second feature, my friend wanted to watch King Arthur (I think it was called), and I wanted to watch Chronicles of Riddick, so I grabbed my folding chair and walked over to the other screen.

He said he regretted his decision.

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2021, 7:57 am

The Rugrats Movie

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2021, 4:01 am

Fnord wrote:
[color=black]Earth vs. the Flying Saucers (1956)

I love that movie! It's the epitomy of the 50s alien invasion film. I will admit, I largely love it for its kitsch value, but some of the effects are genuinely well done for the time. I did find the scenes where composited UFOs shoot down footage of real US army planes, no doubt recordings from WWII of real dead/dying pilots was pretty tasteless. I wasn't offended, more amused that they thought that was acceptable.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:05 pm

MidnightRose wrote:
I did find the scenes where composited UFOs shoot down footage of real US army planes, no doubt recordings from WWII of real dead/dying pilots was pretty tasteless. I wasn't offended, more amused that they thought that was acceptable.

Yeah, I think about that every time I see something like that in a movie. Even movies today still do it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:42 pm

MidnightRose wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Earth vs. the Flying Saucers (1956)
I love that movie!  It's the epitome of the 50s alien invasion film.  I will admit, I largely love it for its kitsch value, but some of the effects are genuinely well done for the time.  I did find the scenes where composited UFOs shoot down footage of real US army planes, no doubt recordings from WWII of real dead/dying pilots was pretty tasteless.  I wasn't offended, more amused that they thought that was acceptable.
The 50s alien invasion films were subversively anti-communist propaganda, in that only Americans (and the "American Way" by extension) were depicted as being under threat by conquering alien forces.  Remember, this was a time when the "Red Menace" was poised to unleash their nuclear weapons and incinerate everyone in America.

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!