Do you remember the FIRST movie you ever saw in a theatre?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 8:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I went to quite a few movies alone when I was 11-12.

The closest I've ever come to watching a movie by myself, was when we went to the drive-in once, and for the second feature, my friend wanted to watch King Arthur (I think it was called), and I wanted to watch Chronicles of Riddick, so I grabbed my folding chair and walked over to the other screen.

He said he regretted his decision.

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2021, 7:57 am

The Rugrats Movie

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2021, 4:01 am

Fnord wrote:
[color=black]Earth vs. the Flying Saucers (1956)

I love that movie! It's the epitomy of the 50s alien invasion film. I will admit, I largely love it for its kitsch value, but some of the effects are genuinely well done for the time. I did find the scenes where composited UFOs shoot down footage of real US army planes, no doubt recordings from WWII of real dead/dying pilots was pretty tasteless. I wasn't offended, more amused that they thought that was acceptable.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:05 pm

MidnightRose wrote:
I did find the scenes where composited UFOs shoot down footage of real US army planes, no doubt recordings from WWII of real dead/dying pilots was pretty tasteless. I wasn't offended, more amused that they thought that was acceptable.

Yeah, I think about that every time I see something like that in a movie. Even movies today still do it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:42 pm

MidnightRose wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Earth vs. the Flying Saucers (1956)
I love that movie!  It's the epitome of the 50s alien invasion film.  I will admit, I largely love it for its kitsch value, but some of the effects are genuinely well done for the time.  I did find the scenes where composited UFOs shoot down footage of real US army planes, no doubt recordings from WWII of real dead/dying pilots was pretty tasteless.  I wasn't offended, more amused that they thought that was acceptable.
The 50s alien invasion films were subversively anti-communist propaganda, in that only Americans (and the "American Way" by extension) were depicted as being under threat by conquering alien forces.  Remember, this was a time when the "Red Menace" was poised to unleash their nuclear weapons and incinerate everyone in America.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

04 Sep 2021, 12:25 am

The Little Mermaid

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 6:10 pm

I'm pretty sure it was ET.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:17 am

1995 Mortal Kombat movie. Went there with Dad. Liked it. This movie didn't age so well.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:06 am

Fixxer wrote:
1995 Mortal Kombat movie. Went there with Dad. Liked it. This movie didn't age so well.

Video game movies usually don't. Look at DOOM.

neilinmich
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Sep 2021, 11:42 am

The Sound Of Music. Julie Andrews.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 3:49 pm

Fixxer wrote:

Would you consider watching the reboot movie that was released earlier this year?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 4:36 pm

It was probably Dr Who and the Daleks, a 1965 film. Also recall one called Emil and the Detectives (1964). There's a high probability that I saw them on the same occasion (it was customary to have two films on the same billing in the UK around that time).