Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 3:12 am

Last edited by Cornflake on 18 Apr 2021, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed offensive word from title

salad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 3:19 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

MEMRI is a fake news think tank that spreads propaganda and lies against Muslims and Arabs, shills for Israel and practically demonizes any and all Middle Easterners that dont bend over backwards for their master Israel.

They're even more disgusting and mendacious than Fox News and should be looked at as another fake news think tank.

Ok as an ex-Muslim myself who is agnostic if I were to be objective here barring the comment "prove that God doesn't exist", most of the stupidity in this clip came from the atheist. Attacking the host, interrupting her, denying the existence of Muhammad given the plethora of evidence that he existed, saying that God is asserted without scientific evidence (Anthony Flew, a leading atheist, himself converted to deism on account of the overwhelming scientific evidence he found for God, and even if I dont fully buy it, it's still disingenuous to say that God is completely asserted without scientific evidence), and other missteps actually made this entire clip even more fake news than I expected.

I didnt see the TV host made to look like a ret*d. I saw the atheist guy say even dumber things and he kept getting hostile and interrupting the host.

Sure the contempt towards the atheist and unbelievers bothers me an an ex-Muslim, but lets not let bias cloud judgment and uncritically accept a bogus title from a fake news propaganda tank

Master Oogway

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 7:07 am

^ Fake news? Really?

What’s so fake about it? What are they faking here? They’re just translating word by word - these shows aren’t fabricated, they are real shows aired on Arab TVs.

Here’s another one:

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 7:18 am

MEMRI TV is somewhat legendary now.

There are definitely fake ones floating around, but they are usually easy to spot.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 2:42 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Fake news? Really?

What’s so fake about it? What are they faking here? They’re just translating word by word - these shows aren’t fabricated, they are real shows aired on Arab TVs.

Here’s another one:

MEMRI is fake news in the sense where it operates as a propaganda machine, selectively editing clips, using clickbait titles like "Egyptian host acts like a ret*d on air" even when the only idiot I saw in that clip was the atheist quite frankly, and some of its translations have actually been criticized as deceptive. Plus they actually published a fake news article smearing my friend as leading an anti-Semitic protest, even when the day of that protest my friend and I were literally hanging out at the restaurant "Tokyo Sushi". That is serious fake news.

Plus even the clips that aren't edited or deceptively shown are still skewed to make anyone or anything critical of Israel look bad. Why doesnt MEMRI put as much energy into showing all the crazy ret*d crazy Zionists in Israel saying far stupider things? you know, things like "Palestine never existed because Arabs can't say the letter P", or "We should kill and slaughter every Palestinian man, woman and child" which a Rabbi on public TV in Israel said in deference to the Old Testament verses to do just that to the Canaanites, or how about the many crazy gaffes of Netanyahu such as Palestinians created the Nazis or Palestinians helped eliminate the dinosaurs. Where's MEMRI when Israeli Rabbis and Zionist politicians say infinitely worse than what's shown on TV? Yeah, I forgot, they dont show when Israelis act like barbaric Nazis or make genocidal and crazy statements, because it doesnt fit the script of all Arabs are evil bloodthirsty medieval savages trying to eliminate the pure and righteous Israeli innocent victims narrative this propaganda tank is trying to push.

Even if every single clip shown was authentic doesnt negate that its a propaganda tank the same way CNN is. Like CNN, MEMRI only shows one side, one image of a people that is skewed to make them look bad and never does the same for the other side. The same way CNN will have field days over Trump saying Covid is the Chinese flu but dont bat an eye when President Biden says "If you dont vote for me you aint black", the same way MEMRI will love to publish every and all inflammatory and outrageous thing said by an Arab Muslim but stays quiet about any and all garbage that comes out of Israelis mouths.

If that isn't the textbook definition of propaganda I dont know what is

Master Oogway