I'm starting to think some Trump supporters are mentally ill

Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 8:46 am

MidnightRose wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Yes I am quite sure. The USA was prospering with Trump like it hadn't in decades. He started no new wars and we were respected again worldwide. It has taken O'Biden just a few months to undo all of that.
Respected worldwide At least in Europe many people were looking at our last presidency as comic political theater. The only non-Americans I've heard speak well of him were reactionaries who loved seeing an open nationalist/xenophobe prominent on the world stage.
Were any of them Australians, perhaps?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 8:59 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Trump was the first real president we've had in decades. All the others were just career politicians who maintained the theatrics of opposing parties. D or R make no difference.

Are you sure? Because apart from the media spectacle, he scrapped some environmental regulations, and that's about all he did different from people who came before him. They all did some trade deal negotiations, some tax cuts for rich people, some bombing and drone striking... Trump certainly made a spectacle of it all, and of the wall he didn't build - but really, it seems he was mainly a pantomime who terrorized the world with tweets, while the structures that govern stuff remained more or less the same.
And now we're back to more or less the same going on, but less noisy.

How do you know that some of those regulations cut were that effective or were overkilling our economic competition? Trump did do bombings and strikes, but that is the necessary evil of foreign policy sometimes. There was a calculated strategy.

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

24 Apr 2021, 11:10 pm

This made me sort of think of Trump. In the Celebrity sense, he has his own following still but the majority of the country is so over it.

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2021, 3:13 am

Armchair diagnosis of Trump supporters is just as ridiculous as their claims of "Trump derangement syndrome".

salad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 4:57 am

TwisterUprocker wrote:
Armchair diagnosis of Trump supporters is just as ridiculous as their claims of "Trump derangement syndrome".

I wish people actually read the threads they comment on before commenting, SMH.

Master Oogway