Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

tonydumont
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2021, 3:18 pm

I've had a difficult time finding gainful employment, likely due to my ASD. I finished college almost 16 years ago, but haven't been able to get a full time job that works out and I still live at home. I spent over two years with Birch Family Service but despite doing all they instructed I didn't get a job until a friend of my grandmother's recommended me for a part-time position (which I lost in the pandemic), and Birch just claimed success even though they had nothing to do with it. What do you suggest for those on the spectrum looking for gainful employment and wanting more than just menial labor?

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 8:45 am

tonydumont wrote:
I've had a difficult time finding gainful employment, likely due to my ASD. I finished college almost 16 years ago, but haven't been able to get a full time job that works out and I still live at home. I spent over two years with Birch Family Service but despite doing all they instructed I didn't get a job until a friend of my grandmother's recommended me for a part-time position (which I lost in the pandemic), and Birch just claimed success even though they had nothing to do with it. What do you suggest for those on the spectrum looking for gainful employment and wanting more than just menial labor?

Hey Tony!
What is your degree in and Is it in a field in which you would like to work?