The 6 Ft Tall White Guy Syndrome

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 10:26 pm

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Something tells me as a stereotypical clumsy Aspie, I'm similarly wasting my time going after women like these :PImage

I'm actually fairly athletic though. I'm not athletic enough to play competitively in college but I definitely like to play sports and I think I'm decently athletic.

I'm big into powerlifting and have competed in competitions. I play soccer, and could probably smoke most people in a game of ping pong.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 10:46 pm

I don’t really like the athletic type, actually....

She’s okay, not a knockout.

I’m not athletic at all. Played goalie in soccer. Play ping pong okay. Am not a power lifter.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 10:57 pm

it needs to be said that i have met "taller" people who were much shorter than me. they had charisma which made people, ironically, "look up" to them. i am 6'3" [when i'm slouched over in pain] and it has not helped me one iota with anybody.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Apr 2021, 2:02 am

Muse933277 wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:

Before you can know where to find the right kind of people, you have to know what kind of people you actually want, and be aware of all the things that go along with it.

I don't really know what I exactly want because I don't have enough experience with dating to actually realize what I desire. But I do have some things I DONT want in a partner.

My deal breakers:

- If you're waiting for marriage to have sex. I'm not willing to wait 2 years just to have sex with someone, plus I'm not devoutly religious anyways.

- If you're obese. I workout at least 3x a week and have competed in various powerlifting records. I'm not asking a woman to be super fit, I just don't want her to be obese because i'm simply not attracted to obesity.

- If you do drugs, maybe i'll make an exception for marijuana. Iv'e never done drugs in my life and don't want to deal with them, plus it could be a potential red flag down the road if she gets addicted.

- If you're super uptight and high strung. My sister was like that and I wouldn't want to date someone like my sister.

Those are really the only deal-breakers I can think of.
Oh, the college me would have checked your red flag - I was very religious at this age. Interested in potentially starting a family, not quick sex.
I guess you wouldn't have even noticed the college me, anyway :lol: A short haired, nerdy, glasses-wearing girl in second hand clothes... not feeling bad about any of these and enjoying my friendships and hobbies :D

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 6:47 am

Muse933277 wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:

Before you can know where to find the right kind of people, you have to know what kind of people you actually want, and be aware of all the things that go along with it.

I don't really know what I exactly want because I don't have enough experience with dating to actually realize what I desire. But I do have some things I DONT want in a partner.

My deal breakers:

- If you're waiting for marriage to have sex. I'm not willing to wait 2 years just to have sex with someone, plus I'm not devoutly religious anyways.

- If you're obese. I workout at least 3x a week and have competed in various powerlifting records. I'm not asking a woman to be super fit, I just don't want her to be obese because i'm simply not attracted to obesity.

- If you do drugs, maybe i'll make an exception for marijuana. Iv'e never done drugs in my life and don't want to deal with them, plus it could be a potential red flag down the road if she gets addicted.

- If you're super uptight and high strung. My sister was like that and I wouldn't want to date someone like my sister.

Those are really the only deal-breakers I can think of.

There are reasons besides religion and premarital sex for women to wait until later to have sex. Many times they wait because they want to make sure the guy isn't just in it for the sex. When you get hung up on a time frame for when you expect to have sex, or if not having sex within a certain amount of time is a deal breaker, it's kinda like saying "I like you enough to have sex with you, but if we're not having sex, I'm not actually that motivated to be around you." You may not mean it that way, but there's not much difference in the end result. No sex, no deal.

You can just say "I want a woman who's healthy". That's reasonable. But when you start invoking terms like "obesity", and then mentioning how often you work out and that you hold powerlifting records, it doesn't sound as casual as you make it out. I have no way of knowing what your definition of "obese" is, but it is possible that it's not as reasonable as you might think, if you hold your own body to such high standards. Your normal might be other people's "super fit". Not saying that's the case, but something to consider.

The fact that this whole thread is centered around the idea that having a certain body type guarantees dating success seems to support the idea that your values may be a little more shallow than you might think.

The average male height in america is 5'9. Only 10% of men in america are taller than 6'. The midwest has smaller populations that the coasts. There aren't going to be that many people that tall to begin with. As for them being white, you're in the midwest. Par for the course. It feels like you're so focused on the one detail you expect to see, you're not noticing everything else. After all, if only 10% of the male population is that tall, then presumably, all women share that 10% of men, or only 10% of women date the available 10% of tall men, or maybe, just maybe, lots of women date the other 90% of guys who aren't 6' tall. 5'9 is the average, so half of the men are shorter than that. You really think 50% of the total population doesn't find partners? The numbers don't add up.

It's easy to blame not being tall enough, or attractive enough, or successful enough, or w/e, but those things only matter that much to people who are shallow to begin with, and there aren't enough "tall attractive" people to go around for every shallow person to find their magic unicorn man / woman.

Our problems are often not a result of other people, or how we compare to other people - we are often the root source of our own problems, in ways we don't even recognize.

Rather than worrying about when you'll get to have sex with them, who not just be around them. Do you even care who they are as a person as long as they're not obese, drug users, or high strung, and have sex with you within an acceptable time frame? If you don't know what personality traits you like in others, you don't need to date people to figure it out - you just have to be around other people. Talkative or quiet? Adventurous or reserved? Books or movies? Hoping to figure these things out while eagerly waiting to have sex does not sound like an effective means of building relationships.

I'm putting things this way because that's how its likely to seem to other people. And how other people see it is more important, if you want other people to be involved. Just some things to consider.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 9:27 am

magz wrote:
Oh, the college me would have checked your red flag - I was very religious at this age. Interested in potentially starting a family, not quick sex.
I guess you wouldn't have even noticed the college me, anyway :lol: A short haired, nerdy, glasses-wearing girl in second hand clothes... not feeling bad about any of these and enjoying my friendships and hobbies :D

Wanting to start a family at 21? Wow, you must have been really mature for your age. Me at 21, I was just starting to figure out how to live on my own and take care of myself, no way would I have been ready for a family.

You know that people who live in the country/rural areas tend to get married and settle down faster than city folks do. I've got a lot of family that lives in a small town and it's very common for people to be married with a kid by the age of 25. City folk tend to wait longer because they tend to place a greater importance on their education.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 9:44 am

I have to think about, personality wise what I like and dislike from women.

I don't like women who appear to be too high strung and hot headed because these type of people remind me of my sister. I love her, we get along just fine, BUT I wouldn't want to date someone with a personality like my sister because someone who's always upset and in a bad mood can be emotionally draining. So I would prefer to date someone who's a little more calm and level headed. I mean I get it, people get in bad moods, it happens, but constantly being angry and hot-headed eventually wears you down.

Extroverted or introverted? I would prefer to date someone who's a little more extroverted than I am, to compensate for my less than ideal social skills. But to be honest, I could go either way and date a more quiet girl but only to a certain extent. If she's so quiet that every time you talk to her, it's like talking to a rock, then that might be problematic.

Someone who seems nice and caring, that goes a long ways.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 9:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Danny DeVito is under 5 feet tall.

I don't like him; I find him obnoxious-----but he'd certainly get his share of girls.

I'm short. I'm slightly less than 5 foot 5, and I'm chubsy rubsy. Some women like tall men; but others don't necessarily like tall men. I've been rejected because I'm short. So what?

I have what may be called a "nerdy charisma"---which is really no charisma at all. When I was in high school, everybody was SHOCKED that I had found a girlfriend. No kidding! But I found one!

I think women like me because I listen to them, and I talk to them like I'm their friend. I don't worship the ground they walk on----though I enjoy being a gentleman and opening doors for them and all that.

You should start doing the same. Think of women as people, rather than as "women," and you'll go farther in life.

And get out of this victimhood mindset---it doesn't work. And forget those statistics----all of them.

Discrimination against a demography is often determined by statistics.

Feminists know there’s discrimination against women in many areas thanks to stats.

Same for blacks.

For instance, stats show there’s a significant discrimination against black women when it comes to dating.

About over 90% of US’ CEOs are above average height for example.

Stats are important, denying stats is not ethical.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Apr 2021, 10:31 am

Muse933277 wrote:
magz wrote:

Wanting to start a family at 21? Wow, you must have been really mature for your age. Me at 21, I was just starting to figure out how to live on my own and take care of myself, no way would I have been ready for a family.

You know that people who live in the country/rural areas tend to get married and settle down faster than city folks do. I've got a lot of family that lives in a small town and it's very common for people to be married with a kid by the age of 25. City folk tend to wait longer because they tend to place a greater importance on their education.

I knew I wanted relationships exactly for the purpose of a future family since I was 12.
I found the right man at 19, got married at 23.
I'm very urban, MS, living in educated social environment.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 11:01 am

I don’t advocate “denying stats.” You misunderstood.

I just don’t believe in using stats as the basis for making life decisions—such as denying yourself the opportunity to be a CEO because you are shorter than average, and stats say that most CEOs are taller than average.

Jeff Bezos, the richest man in the world, is 5 foot 7.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 20 Apr 2021, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 11:24 am

magz wrote:
I knew I wanted relationships exactly for the purpose of a future family since I was 12.

You remind me of 3 girls that I knew, both grew up in the city and are college educated and got married young (23 or younger) They're also really nice and fairly attractive too, and appear to have maturity that's older than their actual age. One of these women is my cousin who immediately got married at 22 or 23 and immediately inherited 3 step-boys.

It's always interesting how people mature at different ages, perhaps some of it is genetic and other aspects are circumstances. People who grow up in less than ideal circumstances oftentimes mature faster simply because they have to, girls also have a tendency to mature faster than boys do as well.

Iv'e always been "immature" for my age and was slower to develop. No way in hell would I have been ready for marriage and children at 21, 22, 23. I could barely even take care of myself, how could I take care of someone else?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 12:10 pm

In Short,

Don't Limit Yourself...

It's Only to Your Advantage...

To Do What You Can And Will Do Next...

You Surely And Verily May Skip the Rest...

Don't Usually Come to the 'Dating
Part' of 'Wrong Planet' As i don't
Have A Problem in this Area NOW;

Yet i saw 'this' on 'the Cover Page' of the Site...

True, Yet Before, When Most Women
From A Distance at Least
Thought i Was Great
Looking, Tall,
Strong

And Powerful;

It Didn't Belie the
Fact That i Was Still
Not Comfortable in my

Own Skin; Wallflower in Bars,
Having to Drink 4 Beers Before
Getting the Courage to Walk in,
in my 20's; Again From a Distance Standing
Still Tall, Powerful Looking; Considered

Very Good Looking Then; Sadly

Yet Missing Fear Free Within;

Fast Forward to Almost

60 Years-Old Dancing

Solo Free Last Year

Before Covid-19 Took

That Dance Hall Pleasure Away;

Two Young Woman 'Forcing' Their

Grinding Hips Upon The 'Frontal Parts'

of me Happily Married Not Even Noticing

Any of the Women in the Dance Hall at All;

Asking for my Phone Number; me giving them
the bad news; nope not 35, Way Older Enough
to Be Your Daddy, almost 60, So what was the

Only Difference As Yes i had Empty Pockets
At Close to 60, Never Buying A Woman A
Drink And Turning Down the Free
Drinks And Visits to Parties With
5 Blondes and the Such; 6 Was

too much that was the point
of overwhelming in Dancing

Hehe; What Was the Only

Difference; They Sensed,

They Felt, i was Fearless

And Enough; In Other Words

i Was A Mountain They Wanted to Climb...

And i Didn't Have to Say A GD Word, Just Dance...

As i Was Stopped Upstairs by Tables of Beautiful

Women Who Said they Wanted to Be Married to

Someone Just like me as they Asked me

For A Selfie And Offered Their

Number to Send it to them Next...

Only Difference, i Was a Domesticated

Little Afraid Kitty in a Man's Body Before;

The Lion Was the Part Within Yet to Roar until age 53...

Social Science Shows the Most Attractive Part of a Man

to A Woman

is Fearless

Confidence

Just Enough as is to be...

Just The Safe Space They are Looking for in Excitement Indeed...

Yep, Mountain to Climb; Standing Lap Dance, Whatever Makes Life Bloom Most...

The One Period of my Life in my Twenties, i Felt Confident, Fearless, And Enough

Is When i met my Wife; If Not For That i might Not Have Ever Got Married;

It's More

About

What

You Are Within

And How You Carry Yourself...

What Drives You... The Essence Beyond Just Form...

And When i met my Beautiful Wife, i was only Making

Five Dollars An Hour And That Didn't Make a Bit of Difference.... to Her....

Fearless Confidence With A Smile; or at A Bar With No Smile at all; Just A Fearless Solo Dance....

Disclaimer:

Mileage Varies,
Depending on
Make and Model of Human Vehicle/Vessel...

OBTW, Being Able to Write Free Verse Poetry
From SPiRiT, HeaRT, SoUL All Naturally In Flow
Helps too And that's 'Another Story' too.... It's

Like the Other Side of the Story Where

You Don't

Even Need

A Body At All...

Just HeART, SPiRiT,

SoUL As Words Become THAT even more

Ironically Than Flesh and Blood Like

'50 Shades of Grey' Or Beyond

Rainbow Colors of Bliss...

That's the Kinda Love That
For All Practical Intents and
Purposes Will Attract Flowers to one Bee Forever Now...

i had a Facebook Friend, A Nice Woman, Who Boldly Admitted

In Her Status That Words oF An Old Grey Wrinkly Poet's Words Drove Her 'Undies' Down;

to Be Clear, it Wasn't My Poetry; Yet i remembered What She Said as i am Better at it now....

In The United States, Folks Tend to Be Way too Empty, Skin Deep, From Materialism And
Competition to Win;

Life Gets Much Deeper

And More Loving than that...

Places THAT
Facebook
FRiEnD THEN

May Never Imagine, See or Bee too...

Rest oF it is Mystery For Others Still to 'Unfold'... Within...

Here's A Hint: Stay As Far Away From Labels As 'You' Can
And Will For If You Do Not They Will Define and Limit All You Do In

Life As

Essence is

Beyond Infinity of All Measures Now

More Powerful Than Any Form of 'Force'....

Or Shall We Feel What Hurricane Force Winds Cat 6
And Above Will Flood Over All Forms Humans Build
Leaving Nothing At All Yet Essence of Wind; What

If You Will Give

That to A Woman

What Will Happen

Next; i Guess You'll Never Feel
And Sense It all Until You Do It All Next... and more...

As New 'UNiVeRSES Within May Come to 'Burst' And 'Birth' Anew

As Any FLoWeR Blooming Colors of Beauty Ever More Will Do Even More....

In Short,

Don't Limit Yourself...

It's Only to Your Advantage...

To Do What You Can And Will Do Next...

Here's Another Thing, Discount No Different Opinions...

It's Always to Humanity's Advantage To See More DarK Thru LiGHT...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 1:30 am

magz wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
magz wrote:

How old is your man again?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Apr 2021, 1:45 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
How old is your man again?

Two years older than me. We got married days after his 25th birthday.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Apr 2021, 1:57 am

I find it funny somebody is saying that women have a preference for white guys cuz I often heard that women have a preference for black guys. I keep hearing so much contradictory stuff about dating preferences I'm seriously wondering if every single person is all living in different parallel universes

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Apr 2021, 2:06 am

nick007 wrote:
I find it funny somebody is saying that women have a preference for white guys cuz I often heard that women have a preference for black guys. I keep hearing so much contradictory stuff about dating preferences I'm seriously wondering if every single person is all living in different parallel universes

There are just plenty of women with a variety of different lifestyles and preferences - and a lot of guys looking at just one subgroup and ignoring all the other groups and non-grouped individuals.
If at least you focus on the group compatibile with you, it's not so bad.