Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 1:44 am

Hi everybody.I am looking for a McJob in a big box store.I know that retail is not Asperger's friendly but its either that or be unemployed forever. I dont want my retail McJob to be too physical.Does anyone have ideas of the sort of retail job that would be good for me.

I need experience to get a white collar job so thats why i am looking for a retail job.Also, a McJob is the only type of work i can get.Also, i want my job to be behind the scenes and not in the public eye.Does anybody have any tips on getting a McJob?We are still trying to get the state vocational rehab agency involved after about 5 years of trying.Thanks in advance.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 2:32 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I dont want my retail McJob to be too physical.

Yet you also wrote:

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
i want my job to be behind the scenes and not in the public eye.

I can't imagine what sort of job that might be. All of the "retail McJobs" I can think of that don't involve interaction with customers are extremely physical.

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I need experience to get a white collar job so thats why i am looking for a retail job.

What kind of white collar job would you want, if you could get one?

Also, what is your educational background?

Also, in another thread a while ago, you talked about the possibility of starting your own business (with help from your parents since you apparently come from a well-to-do family). Whatever came of that idea?

Or are your parents reluctant to invest in any business idea of yours until you prove that you can hold down a McJob for a while?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 3:56 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I dont want my retail McJob to be too physical.

Yet you also wrote:

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
i want my job to be behind the scenes and not in the public eye.

I can't imagine what sort of job that might be. All of the "retail McJobs" I can think of that don't involve interaction with customers are extremely physical.

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I need experience to get a white collar job so thats why i am looking for a retail job.

What kind of white collar job would you want, if you could get one?

Also, what is your educational background?

Also, in another thread a while ago, you talked about the possibility of starting your own business (with help from your parents since you apparently come from a well-to-do family). Whatever came of that idea?

Or are your parents reluctant to invest in any business idea of yours until you prove that you can hold down a McJob for a while?

Hi Mona.I would want to work in the office of a fracking company or just some sort of office or work from home job.My company is progressing slowly because we are trying to pay off our frack wells so we make a profit on our oil production.However, one of the main reasons why I have not started that company is because the leases in the Energy Basin are mostly leased up so we would have to wait for leases to expire before I could lease land from a rancher or farmer so we could flip the lease to a oil company that would actually do the drilling on the land.My parents are not reluctant. They want to buy me rent houses so i can live off of passive income as a business too.I have a bachelor's degree in one of the liberal arts.

We would need to get enough money saved from our existing production to be able to hire a landman when the time comes.There's a good chance I will never be able to get my own lease and we just have to do small lease flips and non-operating working interest and the real estate company.Its still too early to tell.I talked to a friend and he said that a few leases here locally in the Basin are expiring.

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2021, 4:19 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Hi everybody.I am looking for a McJob in a big box store.I know that retail is not Asperger's friendly but its either that or be unemployed forever. I dont want my retail McJob to be too physical.Does anyone have ideas of the sort of retail job that would be good for me.

I need experience to get a white collar job so thats why i am looking for a retail job.Also, a McJob is the only type of work i can get.Also, i want my job to be behind the scenes and not in the public eye.Does anybody have any tips on getting a McJob?We are still trying to get the state vocational rehab agency involved after about 5 years of trying.Thanks in advance.

Don't put yourself down! Don't be ashamed of a 'McJob'. First you need your current resume in a Microsoft Word on a PDF file.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 1:28 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Hi Mona.I would want to work in the office of a fracking company or just some sort of office or work from home job.My company is progressing slowly because we are trying to pay off our frack wells so we make a profit on our oil production.However, one of the main reasons why I have not started that company is because the leases in the Energy Basin are mostly leased up so we would have to wait for leases to expire before I could lease land from a rancher or farmer so we could flip the lease to a oil company that would actually do the drilling on the land.My parents are not reluctant. They want to buy me rent houses so i can live off of passive income as a business too.I have a bachelor's degree in one of the liberal arts.

We would need to get enough money saved from our existing production to be able to hire a landman when the time comes.There's a good chance I will never be able to get my own lease and we just have to do small lease flips and non-operating working interest and the real estate company.Its still too early to tell.I talked to a friend and he said that a few leases here locally in the Basin are expiring.

If your parents are not reluctant to invest, then why do you need a retail McJob? Why not just focus on making sure you're ready to grab the next cheap-enough expired lease as fast as possible and then get it flipped as fast as possible? A retail McJob would be a big distraction from this, it seems to me.

Alternatively, is there any kind of entry level "McJob" you could get at an oil or gas company, or at any company related to the oil or gas industry? Even if you're just a janitor, just being there would probably help you acquire some knowledge relevant to your longterm business goals.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 1:41 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

If your parents are not reluctant to invest, then why do you need a retail McJob? Why not just focus on making sure you're ready to grab the next cheap-enough expired lease as fast as possible and then get it flipped as fast as possible? A retail McJob would be a big distraction from this, it seems to me.

Alternatively, is there any kind of entry level "McJob" you could get at an oil or gas company, or at any company related to the oil or gas industry? Even if you're just a janitor, just being there would probably help you acquire some knowledge relevant to your longterm business goals.

There's no McJobs in the fracking industry where I live and i dont think McJobs are a thing in the oil and gas industry.....i would think its more of a retail thing than a fracking thing.I need a McJob so i can get out of the house and so i can put more money in the stock market.Getting a McJob would not be a distraction from getting a lease for fracking.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 2:44 am

Maybe try a factory job? If you know where to look, I've had two of them, and I never even had to do an interview.
At my last job, most people who work there just fold boxes all day, or fill them (not me, but most people). It's mind-numbing, but I'm pretty okay with repetitive tasks, as long as I've got some ear buds.

Mona Pereth wrote:

Late night re-stocking? Like a grocery store or something. Especially one that's not open 24/7.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 1:18 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Maybe try a factory job? If you know where to look, I've had two of them, and I never even had to do an interview.
At my last job, most people who work there just fold boxes all day, or fill them (not me, but most people). It's mind-numbing, but I'm pretty okay with repetitive tasks, as long as I've got some ear buds.

Mona Pereth wrote:

Late night re-stocking? Like a grocery store or something. Especially one that's not open 24/7.

There's not really any factory jobs in my area that are not oil and gas related that i know of.Also, the disability vocational services people dont put the disabled in dangerous blue collar jobs like factory work.They mainly put people like me in McJobs.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 10:48 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
There's not really any factory jobs in my area that are not oil and gas related that i know of.Also, the disability vocational services people dont put the disabled in dangerous blue collar jobs like factory work.They mainly put people like me in McJobs.

There aren't any food/beverage production plants in your area? Both jobs that I had were relatively safe.
It just sucks because those kinds of jobs don't offer a living wage (way more than a McJob, though), and you'll usually wind up doing 50-60 hour work weeks.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 11:04 pm

what about a job stacking shelves?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 1:04 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

There aren't any food/beverage production plants in your area? Both jobs that I had were relatively safe.
It just sucks because those kinds of jobs don't offer a living wage (way more than a McJob, though), and you'll usually wind up doing 50-60 hour work weeks.

No there's not any food or beverage plants where i live.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 9:22 am

Why can't you work with your family? In the family business?

I can understand why you wouldn't want to work in the family business, by the way.

It's probably better to work as an "order picker" or something like that. That's exactly what I did before I got my office job.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 26 Apr 2021, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 9:25 am

The hospitality/tourism industry is getting ready to re-open; but the immigrant labor they used to rely on is no longer available.  So if retail cannot accommodate you, then hotel and restaurant service jobs might be in order.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 9:57 am

How about working for Amazon? Just thought of that....

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 1:29 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why can't you work with your family? In the family business?

I can understand why you wouldn't want to work in the family business, by the way.

It's probably better to work as an "order picker" or something like that. That's exactly what I did before I got my office job.

I do work in the family business but not really for income because were owners and we are just trying to grow the family business

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 4:40 pm

Why can't you express a desire to obtain an income from your job?

Many family business are like that. The parents might own the business, and the children might work for the parents.

I would say working for your family, if you get along with them, is MUCH better than getting some McJob in some retail place.