Page 2 of 10 [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 2:17 pm

Your mulch merchants should watch this vid- both to tolerate you ( hard working person who happens to be a Trump supporter), but also (it cuts more than one way) to see how they look TO you. Like the comedian's bus driver your store guy lacks a "filter". He says opposite stuff from "Dave"- but they both lack a filter. But then...maybe thats a good thing about... both the bus driver and your mulch guy.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 20 Apr 2021, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 2:22 pm

Hey Salad....I certainly would have defended you had I known you were discriminated against in a restaurant.

Sorry...it's obvious that Trump wanted to be a dictator through any means necessary. The Georgia phone call asking the election commissioner to "come up" with phantom votes. The Capitol insurrection when Trump told the insurrectionists to "go home, I love you."

I wouldn't be so vociferously against any other Republican person.

And, of course, Soc of Autism is welcome at my restaurant, any time! I can't account as to why she would support Trump---but that's her business. She doesn't support him for the reasons many people support him.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 2:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
! I can't account as to why she would support Trump---but that's her business. She doesn't support him for the reasons many people support him.

She read most of Trump's books.

So, she appears to find him interesting.

Be the hero of your life.

NightMuse
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 2:34 pm

You did the one thing they wanted you to do--be ashamed of being a Trump supporter.

Here's the thing. You can't give in to these bullies. You have every right to your beliefs, contrary to what they think. We need to fight back against them, not cave in to them.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 2:51 pm

salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
While it isn't the fault of every single Trump supporter, might the backlash they face be the result of adopting owning the libs as their greatest priority? Maybe making the rest of the country dislike you guys wasn't such a great strategy?

You sound no different, and I mean literally no different, than the racist trash WP member {redacted} when last year I was complaining about discrimination I faced at a restaurant for my mom's birthday and he told me this:

"Muslims aren't a race so it wasn't racism but they were obviously disliking muslims. There are reasons for it. Many muslims don't socialize with other people (islam even requires it) they break social rules and treat women bad (Women aren't even allowed to dress like they want.). For this I understand if the waitress disliked them and didn't want to serve them. Sorry but people who are known for not caring the social rules aren't liked very well once they appear. Don't take it personal but realize that muslims don't have a good image."

I was very hurt last year when he told me that and I was even more hurt when no one stuck up for me on WP. I promised myself I wouldn't ever allow that to happen again even with Trump supporters.

Discriminating and hurting someone for their beliefs, whether political or religious, is horrible and shameful of you funeralxempire. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. How was what you said any different than what "quite an extreme" told me last year, you both are justifying hatred and discrimination against someone on account of the actions of a group of crazies that dont represent the entire group.

The guy was unkind to express his hostility in that context, but he isn't wrong to judge people based on the actions they support and condone.

Your comparison isn't quite the same because most people haven't had hostile interactions with Muslims in the US whereas there's a good chance if the guy's fuming about Trump supporters it's because he recently had an unpleasant interaction with one. If the guy just had a negative interaction I don't see any problem with him venting for a moment, if he just randomly rants and obsesses on hating Trump supporters that's a problem and not healthy.

This isn't the Haven so I don't owe OP a hug and my sympathies. This forum is one where criticism is accepted and I don't think I'm unreasonable to point out that if owning the libs is all Trump supporters care about they have to expect at some point those people will grow tired with their antics. I won't be ashamed of resenting that BS so don't you try to shame me for it.

If OP needs a hug there's always The Haven. If the goal was to discuss issues that's what PP&R is for.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 3:05 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
While it isn't the fault of every single Trump supporter, might the backlash they face be the result of adopting owning the libs as their greatest priority? Maybe making the rest of the country dislike you guys wasn't such a great strategy?

You sound no different, and I mean literally no different, than the racist trash WP member {redacted} when last year I was complaining about discrimination I faced at a restaurant for my mom's birthday and he told me this:

"Muslims aren't a race so it wasn't racism but they were obviously disliking muslims. There are reasons for it. Many muslims don't socialize with other people (islam even requires it) they break social rules and treat women bad (Women aren't even allowed to dress like they want.). For this I understand if the waitress disliked them and didn't want to serve them. Sorry but people who are known for not caring the social rules aren't liked very well once they appear. Don't take it personal but realize that muslims don't have a good image."

I was very hurt last year when he told me that and I was even more hurt when no one stuck up for me on WP. I promised myself I wouldn't ever allow that to happen again even with Trump supporters.

Discriminating and hurting someone for their beliefs, whether political or religious, is horrible and shameful of you funeralxempire. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. How was what you said any different than what "quite an extreme" told me last year, you both are justifying hatred and discrimination against someone on account of the actions of a group of crazies that dont represent the entire group.

The guy was unkind to express his hostility in that context, but he isn't wrong to judge people based on the actions they support and condone.

Your comparison isn't quite the same because most people haven't had hostile interactions with Muslims in the US whereas there's a good chance if the guy's fuming about Trump supporters it's because he recently had an unpleasant interaction with one. If the guy just had a negative interaction I don't see any problem with him venting for a moment, if he just randomly rants and obsesses on hating Trump supporters that's a problem and not healthy.

This isn't the Haven so I don't owe OP a hug and my sympathies. This forum is one where criticism is accepted and I don't think I'm unreasonable to point out that if owning the libs is all Trump supporters care about they have to expect at some point those people will grow tired with their antics. I won't be ashamed of resenting that BS so don't you try to shame me for it.

If OP needs a hug there's always The Haven. If the goal was to discuss issues that's what PP&R is for.

Again, when you said "you guys" salad thought you meant Muslims when you only intended to bash Trump supporters.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 3:25 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Again, when you said "you guys" salad thought you meant Muslims when you only intended to bash Trump supporters.

Did American Muslims (or Muslims in general) spend years fixating on owning the infidel at every opportunity?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 3:33 pm

salad wrote:
I was even more hurt when no one stuck up for me on WP. I promised myself I wouldn't ever allow that to happen again even with Trump supporters.

This just caught my eye, salad. I didn't see any of that going on last summer, but I've certainly seen Islamophobia from other members in the past. I would have supported you. I'm sorry about your birthday experience. :(

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 3:55 am

Why would you, go big or go home.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 8:16 am

SocOfAutism wrote:
The best mulch in my city is from this hippy place with a sign outside that says something like "If you are a racist bigot homophobe we do not want your business". I am none of those but I do support Trump...
Supporting a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot makes the supporter a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot by proxy.

"I am not a bigot, I just vote for them whenever possible" demonstrates failure to have the courage of one's convictions.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 8:18 am

SocOfAutism wrote:
The best mulch in my city is from this hippy place with a sign outside that says something like "If you are a racist bigot homophobe we do not want your business".

It would be interesting if you could quote the exact wording next time you are there. I would hazard a guess that the point of the sign might be merely that they won't tolerate anyone hassling people of color or LGBTQ+ people in their store. But, without seeing the exact wording, I don't really know what the intent is.

SocOfAutism wrote:
I am none of those but I do support Trump so I still felt like they meant me anyway. But their mulch is the best and I wanted it.

So I go in and there are men in the back talking about a person being brain dead on life suport. Okay. Not my business. A woman comes out and takes my order. I'm almost done. Then the men's voices raise and one shouts, "And if I ever f@#$ing SEE a conservative looking person..." and then he trails off, I assume implying some kind of violence???

Not a valid assumption in my opinion.

You didn't hear the rest of his sentence. From what you quoted, it's not even clear that he was talking about all "conservative-looking" people. He could have been talking only about a "conservative-looking person" who does or says XYZ, for example.

And you have no idea of the overall context. Before you placed your order, you heard them "talking about a person being brain dead on life support," but you have no idea what the topic may have drifted to while you were placing your order.

Furthermore, with rare exceptions, the vast majority of hippie-type people are just not violent, at all. The man could have been threatening to do something else entirely, like exclude the "conservative-looking person" from some specific social activity, for example.

SocOfAutism wrote:
My eyes must have widened, and I became very aware of my Carhart hat. The woman looked embarrassed and apologized for her son's language. She said he'd deliver the mulch to my house shortly.

I'm confused here. What's the significance of a Carhart hat? I Googled "Carhart hat" just now, and Carhartt (you misspelled it slightly) seems to be just a popular clothing brand. Digging a little deeper, I came across the article What It Means to Be a Working-Class Clothing Brand in America Today by Tonya Riley, Esquire, Jul 14, 2017. It appears that Carhartt is popular in a wide variety of subcultures, both right-leaning and left-leaning, so I don't see how someone can conclude anything about your political views based on your clothing brand. Maybe it has a cultural significance in your part of the country that it doesn't have here?

I dashed home, took down my American flag, and hid my car with the NRA sticker on it.

SocOfAutism wrote:
Maybe I'm not a true "patriot" or whatever, but I intend to continue to buy from those weird violent people. However, in the future I will do a better job at concealing myself.

On what basis do you conclude that those "weird" people are also "violent"?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 9:58 am

I’m a liberal and I buy Carhartt clothing.It’s a good brand of work clothing that holds up well.
Never heard of anyone being targeted by wearing that brand.
Sounds like paranoia to me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 10:04 am

Misslizard wrote:
I’m a liberal and I buy Carhartt clothing.  It's a good brand of work clothing that holds up well.  Never heard of anyone being targeted by wearing that brand.  Sounds like paranoia to me.
Nothing in any mainstream news media describing attacks against people wearing Carhartt clothing.

Websites like Politifact and Snopes have no such articles, either.

Even Wikipedia presents the company only as a provider of work apparel.

I am inclined to agree with your assessment.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2021, 5:46 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The "Tolerant" Left.

People are through with being "tolerant" with people who admire and enable psychopathic malignant narcissists at the highest level of power. What is it with the right and being so obsessed with worshipping rich as*holes with false god complexes? Then you get to play victim constantly when people decide they don't like you.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2021, 5:58 pm

Fnord wrote:
SocOfAutism wrote:
The best mulch in my city is from this hippy place with a sign outside that says something like "If you are a racist bigot homophobe we do not want your business". I am none of those but I do support Trump...
Supporting a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot makes the supporter a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot by proxy.

"I am not a bigot, I just vote for them whenever possible" demonstrates failure to have the courage of one's convictions.

The problem is you can't really "prove" that he is a racist, sexist, bigot, because it's mostly just subtle dog-whistles. I think being a spoiled malignant narcissist is enough... and that's just really obvious.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 6:05 pm

NoClearMind53 wrote:
... I think being a spoiled malignant narcissist is enough... and that's just really obvious.
In that case, supporting and voting for a spoiled malignant narcissist makes the supporter/voter a spoiled malignant narcissist by proxy.