Joining the army with history of developmental delay and MC

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 11:32 am

Can I work in the military computer tech industry? I want to help my brother to find bad guys by using computers and drones. Like going to the army without basic combat training.

I have Learning Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD and Bipolar Disorder with psychotic features.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 10:37 pm

I dont think you will be able to join the Army.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 10:44 pm

I wouldn't.

If you're exposed to something traumatic they won't take care of you and I believe based on things you've said on here that you'd be more prone than most to being traumatized.

I'm not shaming you, me too. I liked military s**t growing up but I'm glad I never enlisted. I had friends who went to Afghanistan and didn't come back the same. I'd have came back more f****d up then they did and you would too (and these are guys who need help).

I can put bad s**t I've actually done in a box and not dwell on it, you've got threads expressing overwhelming guilt for things you never actually did. You are not someone who should have to make grave moral decisions that might haunt you for the rest of your life.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 11:00 pm

Thank you!

It makes sense, especially because I already felt traumatized by my psychotic episodes.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 1:15 pm

(I am not in the military but)

Different countries have different requirements to join the military

You can apply for a waiver if you don't fulfill requirements

In the military, military occupational specialty (subject to needs of the military). So (involuntary reclassification)

The military can change the terms of your contract. For example, the military can change your job

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 1:17 pm

Thank you! I understood.