Man charged with trying to run down Black kids with truck

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 2:24 pm

ABC news

Quote:
A Massachusetts man has been charged with hate crimes after authorities say he drove his pickup truck toward a group of Black children while yelling a racial slur.

Shane Belleville, 36, was arrested Thursday and charged with crimes including assault with a dangerous weapon, civil rights violations and assault with intent to intimidate based on race.

Police said officers responded to the playground at Holbrook Middle Senior High School on April 10 after a caller reported that a man in a pickup truck tried to run over the caller and a group of friends.

Police said there had been an argument between two 7- and 8-year-old children. One of them is white and one is Black, police said. Other children between the ages of 9 and 15 joined and it eventually became physical and racial slurs were used, police said. No serious injuries were reported, police said.

Police said one kid called Belleville, who is a relative, to come help but by the time he arrived, the fighting had stopped.

A group of Black children was then walking away from the school when police say Belleville drove his pickup truck onto the path and confronted them. Police said the kids and Belleville began yelling at one another, a teenage girl spat on Belleville and he slapped her in the face.

Police said Belleville then got into his pickup truck and reversed toward the group while yelling a racial epithet multiple times. The children had to scramble to get out of the way to avoid being hit, police said.

Belleville was arraigned last week at the Quincy District Court and released after posting $750 bail, police said.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 5:07 pm

This is getting more out of control. :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 6:30 pm

Let me guess ... Belleville is claiming "Self-Defense", right?

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.