Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 12:33 am

Quote:
‘This is a very damaging expose’ by Project Veritas
16/04/2021|10min

Political researcher Robert Graziani says the fact Project Veritas’ expose on CNN was not reported by “rival" news networks bar Sky News Australia and Fox News America – gives strong "evidence" the other networks “collude” in the same narrative.

“They all seem to cover for each other," he told Sky News host Cory Bernardi.

“Isn’t it interesting how these revelations from Project Veritas are only being carried on Sky News Australia after dark and also maybe in America on Fox News channel which is openly a rival of all the other news networks.

“Wouldn’t it be interesting if some of what we thought were rivals to CNN, i.e. MSNBC, ABC, CBS in America – actually used this story which is newsworthy to actually discredit their alleged rival – such that ratings go from CNN to these other networks – but they don’t do it.

“So it gives the strong suggestion, if not evidence, that they’re all actually colluded in the same narrative.”

Mr Graziani also said “Big Tech” companies like Facebook and Google preferencing mainstream networks like CNN’s stories over other possibly “more real” news networks in their feeds – “paints the picture” of what was once a “trusted fourth estate” is now the “fifth column”.

“It all sort of paints the picture though that what we thought and once was a trusted fourth estate is really becoming in the western world, not just in America, not just in Australia but across the Atlantic as well – the fifth column or at least one of the most effective elements of the fifth column.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_624 ... 20%20share

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 1:28 am

So, just what the hell was revealed?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 1:37 am

I, too, have no idea what this is about...

And since the OP's inclination to elaborate is apparently confined to the use of Ctrl C + Ctrl V, perhaps we shall never truly know...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 10:19 am

The other networks didn't take reporting from known BS mongers Project Veritas very seriously?

Might it be because James O'Keefe's dishonesty is well documented and no one outside of the far-right echo chamber takes them seriously at this point? :scratch:

Of course disinformation peddlers don't care about PV's lack of credibility, their interest is peddling more disinformation not on reporting anything based in reality.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 11:59 am

CNN hates Project Veritas because they were caught admitting what we all know; CNN is just a propaganda outfit. Pretty hard to deny video of them actually saying so. Hats of to James O'keefe for being a real journalist.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 5:25 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
CNN hates Project Veritas because they were caught admitting what we all know; CNN is just a propaganda outfit. Pretty hard to deny video of them actually saying so. Hats of to James O'keefe for being a real journalist.

:thumright:

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 6:39 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

I'm not sure I'd call O'Keefe a journalist but he's closer to it than anyone at CNN.

For sure CNN is pissed after being totally exposed for being a corrupt, partisan, propaganda organization.

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Apr 2021, 6:42 pm

Quote:
III-"NPR" - Project Veritas - James O'Keefe
2011-03-17

On March 8th, Project Veritas released Part 1 of its investigation of National Public Radio, followed by a second release. The investigation, in which Project Veritas investigators posed as members of a fictional group founded by "members of the Muslim Brotherhood," was widely reported in the media and produced a dramatic response from NPR and its board members. The following video contains a full conversation between Project Veritas' undercover investigator, Simon Templar, and Betsy Liley, NPR's Senior Director of Institutional Giving along with James O'Keefe's call to George Soros' Open Society Foundation. In addition, Project Veritas would like to thank Pamela Geller for her cooperation with Project Muslim Brotherhood.

https://undercover.hosting.nyu.edu/s/un ... tem-set/45

Quote:
The Twisty, Bent Truth of the NPR-Sting Video
By James PoniewozikMarch 13, 2011
Share Save
Read Later
Email Print Share
Follow @TIMECulture

[vodpod id=Video.5752977&w=425&h=350&fv=]

James O’Keefe, the controversial conservative activist and undercover-video maker, brought down NPR’s CEO this week after releasing a “sting” video of an NPR fundraiser meeting with fake Muslim “donors.” Now a video editor, having reviewed the full, two-hour film that O’Keefe also posted online, has done a close analysis showing that several key scenes were edited misleadingly, and quotes taken out of context, in the more-publicized short form of the video. Interestingly, the critique came from The Blaze—an online outlet from none other than conservative host Glenn Beck.

The close-up look doesn’t let the executive, Ron Schiller, off the hook. But it shows O’Keefe edited the short version of his video to fit his anti-NPR agenda. Explaining why both things can be true at once requires, well, a lot of context.

Blaze video editor Pam Key (the writeup is credited to The Blaze’s Scott Baker) said that several of the most embarrassing moments were cobbled together or left out context, apparently in order to make Schiller look as bad as possible. You can read the full post, with video clips, at The Blaze, but the highlights include:

* A quote in which Schiller seems to respond amusedly to a reference on the fake group’s website to promoting Sharia law–“Really? That’s what they said?”–is lifted from an entirely unrelated part of the lunch

* The edited video includes Schiller saying that liberals “might be more educated, fair and balanced” than conservatives; but it omits his saying that he used to be a Republican–and is proud of it–and a fellow NPR fundraiser defending conservatives, saying that she knows and went to school with highly educated conservatives

* A one-minute stretch where the audio goes into a loop while the video keeps playing unaltered may be intentional, perhaps to omit dialogue; says Blaze, it “could be an actual glitch, though not one I’ve seen like this in 25 years of working with video editing”

* The edited video quotes Schiller saying that the Republican party has been “hijacked” by Tea Party conservatives, who he seems to describe as “racist”; the full video shows that–at least at the beginning of his quote–he is explicitly describing the views of wealthy Republican friends who voted for Obama

https://entertainment.time.com/2011/03/ ... ing-video/

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Apr 2021, 6:43 pm

I've read something else about deceptive editing recently. Somewhere. Can't remember where.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 6:53 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

I'm not sure I'd call O'Keefe a journalist but he's closer to it than anyone at CNN.

For sure CNN is pissed after being totally exposed for being a corrupt, partisan, propaganda organization.

:thumright:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 8:13 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Really? Because I recall that ethically challenged weasel making a doctored video in order to take down the civil rights organization, ACORN, then later admitting to bugging the phone of a prominent Louisiana elected leader after getting caught. I don't recall the real journalists at CNN ever railroading people with fraudulent evidence.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 8:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Really? Because I recall that ethically challenged weasel making a doctored video in order to take down the civil rights organization, ACORN, then later admitting to bugging the phone of a prominent Louisiana elected leader after getting caught. I don't recall the real journalists at CNN ever railroading people with fraudulent evidence.

Fraudulent evidence just shows how hard Project Veritas works to prove how terrible anything to the left of Rotten Ronnie Raygun is.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 9:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

V
Quote:
The close-up look doesn’t let the executive, Ron Schiller, off the hook. But it shows O’Keefe edited the short version of his video to fit his anti-NPR agenda. Explaining why both things can be true at once requires, well, a lot of context.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 10:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Fraudulent evidence just shows how hard Project Veritas works to prove how terrible anything to the left of Rotten Ronnie Raygun is.

But of course! :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 10:19 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

V
Quote:

Only if you're hindered by right wing partisanship.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 10:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

V
Quote:

Only if you're hindered by right wing partisanship.

Quote:
Only if you're hindered by right left wing partisanship.

Quote:
CNN hates Project Veritas because they were caught admitting what we all know; CNN is just a propaganda outfit. Pretty hard to deny video of them actually saying so.