Cops shoot 16 year old black girl in Ohio

Page 3 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 10:30 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
We all know that we never would have heard of this incident if the officer had been black or the races reversed. It would not fit the MSM narrative.

The one black cop who shot a grown white woman got 12.5 years jail....nobody came to his aid from his police precinct even after he appealed.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-03/ ... k/13117792

We know what happens to white cops...they get transferred out.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 9:10 am

For those people who say why not aim for the legs, I don't know if they ever fired pistols before, but hitting a moving target is hard. I have only fired at still targets and it was a challenge to hit the arms, a real challenge, compared to the torso area. So it would be really hard to hit a leg at a moving target. Let's say the cop missed, and the stabbing was successful. But let's say also the bullet that missed hit one of the onlookers of the event, or traveled even further and hits someone accidentally...

It's better off to aim for the torso area because you have a much better chance of stopping the stabbing, and a much better chance of not accidentally hitting an innocent person.

And for BLM to complain about this, they are just sending the message that it's okay for black people to be killed, as long as the murder is not carried out by a white officer, even in this situation of defending someone else, but black civilians attempting to commit murder against their own is okay, in comparison. Do the BLM really want to send that message?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 12:16 pm

This is a case of a rush to judgement based on profiling.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 7:24 pm

ironpony wrote:
And for BLM to complain about this, they are just sending the message that it's okay for black people to be killed, as long as the murder is not carried out by a white officer, even in this situation of defending someone else, but black civilians attempting to commit murder against their own is okay, in comparison. Do the BLM really want to send that message?

Read what the foster family who called the police asked. They only wanted the police to help disarm their foster child. They never thought the cops would kill their 15 yr old (who was turning 16 this year).

This is precisely why black people hesitate before calling the police.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 12:03 am

Well to as for the family being black, I didn't think that the killing was racially motivated. If I were a police officer and I got a call about someone waving a knife around dangerously and I responded to the call, and then that person was coming towards someone with a knife, a person who looks helpless, and is going to stabbed by the knife brandisher, then I would shoot the knife brandisher. I would shoot to save the girl's life, regardless of what race the knife attacker was. I wouldn't give a white person a freebie to murder someone, compared to non-white.

So I don't think this killing was racially motivated, when I think of what I would do in that situation, but that's just me?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 3:44 am

ironpony wrote:
Well to as for the family being black, I didn't think that the killing was racially motivated. If I were a police officer and I got a call about someone waving a knife around dangerously and I responded to the call, and then that person was coming towards someone with a knife, a person who looks helpless, and is going to stabbed by the knife brandisher, then I would shoot the knife brandisher. I would shoot to save the girl's life, regardless of what race the knife attacker was. I wouldn't give a white person a freebie to murder someone, compared to non-white.

So I don't think this killing was racially motivated, when I think of what I would do in that situation, but that's just me?

Its possible the cop acted out of instinct but please show me one story where a cop has intervened in a fight between two blonde teenage girls by pumping one of them with 4 bullets?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 9:20 am

Deleted post

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 24 Apr 2021, 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 9:30 am

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Its possible the cop acted out of instinct but please show me one story where a cop has intervened in a fight between two blonde teenage girls by pumping one of them with 4 bullets?

Not any fight but a fight where
1. One white girl was about to try stab another white girl that she had knocked to the ground.
2. The cop was too far away to disarm the attacker sans gun.

I googled stories of from 1990 to 2020 “girl fight” and “cop shoots” and found nothing comparable. I did see a story where Texas cops were criticized after they shot a blond girl who came into their police station brandishing a knife.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 11:10 am

Well maybe this is just me but when someone is trying to stab you with a knife it's serious business I thought. I have taken martial arts and self defense classes, and when someone is trying to stab you with a knife, they teach you to not mess around and to fight dirty and kill the attacker, and don't risk your life by trying to keep them alive. So maybe that's okay to do then, and not risk your own life by trying to 'defend yourself of or someone else more nicely'?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 9:44 pm

It appears what precipitated the phone call was a fight between the victim and two other foster children over cleaning the house.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/22/us/o ... index.html

As the investigation unfolds it seems the girl in pink called the police. It appears what transpired between the phone call and the eventual shooting is an undetermined amount of time leading to the victim threatening the girl in pink with a kitchen knife. This suggests there was no attempt to use weapons at the time of the phone call but that the girl in pink may have used the call to police as a threat to the victim who as a foster child might have felt vulnerable triggering her impulse to grab a knife.

According to the CNN article both the foster parents and the biological parents suggest the behaviour was out of character for the victim as she was a good student and well liked by her peers. What they did say is the three foster children did fight and bicker often,

One final point is that the cop (Reardon) is a marksman and if you look at the photo below he could have aimed for the victim's hand or arm which was in clear view of the cop's gun sight.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 10:44 pm

It looks like Trump and LeBron James have been dragged into this shooting
https://www.news.com.au/sport/american- ... 811280efba

Escalating into George Floyd territory

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 11:44 pm

cyberdad wrote:
It appears what precipitated the phone call was a fight between the victim and two other foster children over cleaning the house.

As the investigation unfolds it seems the girl in pink called the police. It appears what transpired between the phone call and the eventual shooting is an undetermined amount of time leading to the victim threatening the girl in pink with a kitchen knife. This suggests there was no attempt to use weapons at the time of the phone call but that the girl in pink may have used the call to police as a threat to the victim who as a foster child might have felt vulnerable triggering her impulse to grab a knife.

According to the CNN article both the foster parents and the biological parents suggest the behaviour was out of character for the victim as she was a good student and well liked by her peers. What they did say is the three foster children did fight and bicker often,

One final point is that the cop (Reardon) is a marksman and if you look at the photo below he could have aimed for the victim's hand or arm which was in clear view of the cop's gun sight.

So that picture is the crosshairs of where the cop fired the shot?

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2021, 2:26 am

The store I work at was robbed and the police shot the offender a few blocks away, due to attacking them with a knife. The next morning I had an Uber ride with someone who saw the man being put in a bodybag.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/04/06 ... le-police/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 3:07 am

TwisterUprocker wrote:
The store I work at was robbed and the police shot the offender a few blocks away, due to attacking them with a knife. The next morning I had an Uber ride with someone who saw the man being put in a bodybag.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/04/06 ... le-police/

Attacking an officer is one thing. Shooting a teen having a fight is another.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 3:09 am

ironpony wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I believe that's body cam so it's a fairly good indicator of what Officer Reardon was viewing when he aimed at the teen.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Apr 2021, 8:53 am

ironpony wrote:
That image is a picture of a multi-screen display (four or more displays arranged to act as one large display) and what look like crosshairs are the edges of the screens. There's a difference in contrast, especially noticeable on the black top and jeans along that boundary in the upper pair of images, and note that the line passes through the video player's menu at the top.
Also, the actual video from the bodycam shows no crosshairs...
Also #2, crosshairs in the bodycam video could not play a part in aiming the gun.