I spend way too much time alone.

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 5:42 pm

I guess I'm glad it's been rainy, it's nice background noise to get past a dumb anxiety attack.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 6:28 pm

I have this tendency to ramble my way through threads barely anyone can coherently respond to; no pressure folks, it's a meditation or something.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 3:10 pm

I'm simultaneously tired of isolating & isolating because I'm tired. It can't go on forever, another thread acutely reminded me there are people I know who might actually want to help me, the problem is that I'm not one to trouble them by articulating all this.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 7:47 pm

This is screwing with my head to no end this week. I only really know to bury my negative thoughts in a work ethic that outpaces them & then to do everything in my power to forget I'm in that cycle.

I can make quite a lot of software work but don't ask for a clue from me socially.

Elon Musk can bask in applause for being "on the spectrum" - as for me I'm on the fence between total indifference & being terrified. I don't want any attention on that basis & now it's going to be inevitable. I don't want any part of a society that's cashing in on my brain without giving me a raise.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 10:56 am

Have you ever tried volunteering for a local charity?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 12:41 pm

It's tough to imagine how I'd really find the time... My idea of charity work is crashing free software so you don't have to. ;)

I have about 10GB of 3D scans I need to turn into wire frame models digitally this week. It's been tricky.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 9:18 am

On the other hand, it's not as if people complying with the latest trends & views on autism aren't creepy.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'll dodge that bullet if I seal myself in Styrofoam forever.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 9:46 am

I can relate to this. I often wish there was some place in between living with a housemate as I used to, and living alone as I do now. I can't cope with other people in my space the whole time, but day after day alone sends me into these wierd dysfunctional spirals. Reality checks badly needed.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 1:56 am

At least I was more productive than I was in my last reply, so I deleted it. :doh:

Now I need to go to sleep after I stop wondering why I'm freaking out, then wake up, check my work & do it all over again.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 6:32 pm

I had some long distance relationships that worked well, meeting on the weekend, being alart during the week. I haven't been able to maintain a relationship that wasn't like that.

So...Cberg... 3D Scans... What are they/what are you doing with them? I work in 3D and VR development

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 4:36 am

That much might be something to PM me about. :?